New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Elina

Fosdinovo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Elina

Maybe it is this dark colorless winter season (in my country) that makes me want to use strong colors in my studio pictures... Anyway, here are a couple of pics from the shooting with Elina.
Comments are welcome, as always!

Teemu Salminen

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Models/

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Mix/ElinaS01588SmallB.jpg/_full.jpg

http://fototeemun.galleria.fi/kuvat/Mix/ElinaS01129Small.jpg/_full.jpg

Feb 05, 2016 at 03:11 PM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Elina

I like the nice bright colors any time of year. I find the lighting a little harsh with strong shadows on the nose in both shots. I think #2 would benefit by not having the reflection in the glasses, it really draws my eye away from her face.

The model has great eyes. I think it would be nice to shoot in even brighter conditions to get her pupils smaller and let more of the iris show.

Feb 05, 2016 at 04:22 PM
Fosdinovo
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Elina

Squirrely Eyed wrote:
I like the nice bright colors any time of year. I find the lighting a little harsh with strong shadows on the nose in both shots. I think #2 would benefit by not having the reflection in the glasses, it really draws my eye away from her face.

The model has great eyes. I think it would be nice to shoot in even brighter conditions to get her pupils smaller and let more of the iris show.

Squirrely Eyes, thank you for the comment.
I agree that the iris size could be bigger in the second picture.

Teemu Salminen

Feb 05, 2016 at 04:34 PM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Elina

I like the color combination of model and background much better in the second picture. I think the orange really competes with both your model and her clothes in the first. I think she looks great and maybe better against black. I get that you want colorful but I think she is colorful enough! In the second, the red works better for me as it complements the blacks and matches her lipstick. It is darker than her pale features so sets a nice frame for her skin tones and her beautiful eyes.

Feb 06, 2016 at 01:41 PM
jim atyeo

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Elina

What a stunning young woman. I like the images, although I agree with the poster above who didn't like the reflection in the glasses and the light being a bit flat on the mask of her face, image #2. Also having the ambient light be brighter will make the pupils smaller so we can see the lovely color of her beautiful eyes. Well done though. Compliments to the model as well.

Feb 06, 2016 at 08:35 PM
Fosdinovo
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Elina

jim atyeo wrote:
What a stunning young woman. I like the images, although I agree with the poster above who didn't like the reflection in the glasses and the light being a bit flat on the mask of her face, image #2. Also having the ambient light be brighter will make the pupils smaller so we can see the lovely color of her beautiful eyes. Well done though. Compliments to the model as well.

Jim, thank you for the comments! Opinions seem to vary: Squirrely Eyes thought that the lighting is a bit harsh and you find it a bit flat. Cheers,

Teemu Salminen

Feb 06, 2016 at 09:40 PM
Fosdinovo
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Elina

Brev00 wrote:
I like the color combination of model and background much better in the second picture. I think the orange really competes with both your model and her clothes in the first. I think she looks great and maybe better against black. I get that you want colorful but I think she is colorful enough! In the second, the red works better for me as it complements the blacks and matches her lipstick. It is darker than her pale features so sets a nice frame for her skin tones and her beautiful eyes.

Thank you very much for the comments, Brev00!

Teemu Salminen

Feb 07, 2016 at 08:18 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.