FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Favorite website builder for seo

ahaug
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Favorite website builder for seo

I've been using zenfolio for about 10 years. I've never really cared about seo because my business was small and word of mouth. We now want to build the business up and are going to be doing some work with seo. I read that zenfolio is not that great for seo by design. I'm thinking of moving to a different web builder specifically for seo. I was hoping for suggestions.

Feb 05, 2016 at 12:21 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Favorite website builder for seo

I dont think any web designer is going help all that much with SEO beyond the obvious site optimization. If you want to do SEO optimization you would most likely need to find someone who specializes in that and either have them work with the web designer or else help you afterwards to achieve better rankings however they do what they do.
We are just about to launch a new site designed by Rawfolio and shortly after I will be looking into finding an SEO person to help us with our google rankings etc.

Tim at Rawfolio optimizes the site the best he can but he is not an SEO guru so to speak he is just a web designer.

Feb 05, 2016 at 01:07 PM
ahaug
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Favorite website builder for seo

I read in several blogs that the way that the zenfolio platform was made .. makes it hard to do proper seo work.

Feb 05, 2016 at 03:50 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Favorite website builder for seo

more likely you will need an additional hosted website to accomplish these goals with SEO since you are limited by what you can do when you are using an image hosting service

Feb 06, 2016 at 12:47 PM
mirrorrim
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Favorite website builder for seo

I just made the switch to Good Gallery. It's a webdesign and hosting company and they place a huge priority on SEO and making sure your website is optimized so it loads quickly, but still shows off high quality images. http://www.goodgallery.com/

However, you still have to put in the work. They have a comprehensive guide to teach you how to do it, but if you dont want to come up with the keywords and enter the info in yourself, then you'll want to hire someone.

Feb 06, 2016 at 02:16 PM
InSanE
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Favorite website builder for seo

Good gallery looks fantastic, but I will always use my own wordpress install, cant imagine putting the amount of work/money needed for good seo and then depending on a third party without possibility to switch hosting or have any control.

Feb 06, 2016 at 02:49 PM
mirrorrim
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Favorite website builder for seo

InSanE wrote:
Good gallery looks fantastic, but I will always use my own wordpress install, cant imagine putting the amount of work/money needed for good seo and then depending on a third party without possibility to switch hosting or have any control.

True, which is why I waited a year to join. There are some big names that switched over, and I'd like to think that means they trust them.

There is one good tip in their set up guide about all the work that goes into keywording, image captions, etc. Put it in the exif of the image. Don't do all that work through the website. That way, if you ever use the image elsewhere or even decide to leave Good Gallery, you don't have to do all the seo work for the images all over again. GG can read the exif and automatically format it for you, and I imagine other companies could as well.

Feb 06, 2016 at 04:27 PM
Brian Sullivan
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Favorite website builder for seo

Not an expert here but I have heard that Wordpress is a good platform for seo. There are themes out there that help you build your own site within the WordPress platform. ProPhoto is one of them.. https://www.prophoto.com/

Brian

Feb 06, 2016 at 04:32 PM
ahaug
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Favorite website builder for seo

So ... getting a wordpress website and then hosting it on an seo friendly web host is the general recommendation. That would rule out squarespace? I think that Rawfolio is a wordpress website that you need to host yourself. Any recommendations for hosts?

Feb 06, 2016 at 10:31 PM
Brian Sullivan
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Favorite website builder for seo

I use BlueHost. Never had any issues with it.

Jun 05, 2016 at 03:27 PM
bipock
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Favorite website builder for seo

I just hired a guy to do my SEO for my site after interviewing several. Pricing wise - they were all over the board so be warned. Service wise, they were all very, very similar. Wordpress came up as the dominant SEO platform on more than one occasion. However, everyone I talked to caveated that by saying if you plan to do any selling or accepting of payments through the site (i.e., deposits and payments for services), WP could get very expensive and, in my case, I was better off going with PhotoBiz.

I'm pretty pleased so far with PhotoBiz. Site's up so feel free to look over it. Built it on my own in a week off and on. Still learning, but already built all my contracts electronically, set up the payment side. Worked like a charm as I booked and accepted first payment electronically today.

Jun 05, 2016 at 10:26 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Favorite website builder for seo

Wordpress is the most used and has lots of free or very low-cost plugin options. Plus one of the new things to consider is load speed of the site. WP makes that a easy adjustment to gain speed without any new programming.Site load speed is a mix of hosting and design. Assuming you have a good host and theme, if a site speed test shows a lot of issues you can find youtube video on fixing yourself or pay next to nothing for someone online to drop in or move around a code. I went from 4.5 seconds to 1.2 load time with 3 small code modifications. One from adding a plugin and 2 from watching youtube. The blog which allows you to add content easily is a wordpress feature that is useful. The key is getting the site SEO friendly so the other work you do off site actually can help the process. In other words no roadblocks stopping the flow of the process.

Jun 07, 2016 at 04:46 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Favorite website builder for seo

Been hovering on the Buy Now button for Good Gallery

Jun 07, 2016 at 05:12 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Favorite website builder for seo

SEO is going to provide you very little. Much better to have multiple domain names as if someone is looking for a wedding photographer in Vail, CO for example a domain of wedding=photography-vail.com or .biz etc. will come up on the top.

It costs $10 a year to maintain a domain name and so you could have 3 or 4 for little cost. The domain name point or redirects the users web browser to the primary domain.

Do similar searches in your area and see what comes back.

Jun 10, 2016 at 06:09 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Favorite website builder for seo

SEO is going to provide you very little. Much better to have multiple domain names as if someone is looking for a wedding photographer in Vail, CO for example a domain of wedding=photography-vail.com or .biz etc. will come up on the top.

It costs $10 a year to maintain a domain name and so you could have 3 or 4 for little cost. The domain name point or redirects the users web browser to the primary domain.

Do similar searches in your area and see what comes back.

Jun 10, 2016 at 06:10 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.