Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · small test between Minolta 58mm 1.2 <> Canon 55mm 1.2 aspherical ...

rsrsrs
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · small test between Minolta 58mm 1.2 <> Canon 55mm 1.2 aspherical @ A7

since the weather here in Germany is awful, the motive of shoot-out is also boring, sorry for that.
however, distance to the cam is about 2 meters.

dropbox

regards
reinhard

Feb 05, 2016 at 11:17 AM
Koen Nhz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · small test between Minolta 58mm 1.2 <> Canon 55mm 1.2 aspherical @ A7

This is my first post here, but I have been reading for ages, but now I had to reply, first thank you for your comparison!
When I was first reading here I remember these were the f/1.2 lenses that everybody was interested in, most had or wanted the Rokkor, but only one person (I think) succeeded in adapting the FD (not sure if it was the Asph), but he always mentioned it was a little sharper than the Rokkor.
Interest seems to have dropped slightly since than..
But anyway, those treads made me buy the Rokkor back than and convert it to EF.
I went to Sony A7 about 2 years ago and recently found an FD 55 1.2 Asph for I price I couldn't resist so I also decided to compare the 2 of course. Your post made me upload them to Dropbox as well.
If you don't mind here is the link to my non-scientific test:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ly4g42yuaxv8bck/AADmMOOQgPljApE-cc7L3J0Ea?dl=0

If you do mind, please let me know and I will remove it as soon as possible, it's also possible it doesn't work anyway since this is my first post.
It consists of 26 full 24Mp images, all photo's are unedited sooc jpg's from my A7, all settings are set to neutral, so no picture styles or boosted colors, contrast or sharpness.
I wonder if you come to the same conclusions if you look at my images as you do with yours, it's a little hard to judge the sharpness at that size.

Best regards,
Koen

Feb 08, 2016 at 07:56 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.