New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lighting for room to display prints

dgdg
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lighting for room to display prints

I finally decided to print a few of my favorite images and they have turned out well.
The small bedroom I have chosen does not have much window light and my artificial lighting is just from a ceiling fan. Not ideal.
I was thinking about changing my lighting but do not want lots of reflections.
Diffused track lighting sounds nice, but they require installation.

What do you use and suggest?

Feb 04, 2016 at 02:50 PM
dmcphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lighting for room to display prints

This is from https://www.pegasuslighting.com/lc-lighting-design/track-lighting-101.html, and it seems to work.

"Measure the distance from the ceiling to the middle of the object being lit. Multiply that number by 0.55 to determine how far away from the wall you should place the track fixture. For example, if you are providing accent lighting for a painting that is three feet below the ceiling (measured from the ceiling to the middle of the painting), you should place the track fixture 1.65 feet away from the wall.*

After you’ve determined the distance from the wall, position the track fixture so that the light makes a 30-degree angle with the wall/vertical surface you are trying to light up. This is the optimal distance to prevent glare and minimize shadows.

*If you are lighting any object that has the potential to produce direct glare (such as a photograph with a glass frame), do not place the track lighting any further than three feet from the wall."

Feb 04, 2016 at 03:49 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lighting for room to display prints

Wow thanks!

Feb 04, 2016 at 04:26 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.