Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Gallery page update...

sigler
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gallery page update...

Hey Gang,

I just updated my gallery page. Instead of showing the best of 4 weddings, I've now made my gallery into "the best of" recent year's weddings.

Could you take a peek? What do you think of the work? Are there any images you would delete? Thoughts?

Many thanks!

Rob

http://www.robspictures.com/wedding-gallery/

Feb 03, 2016 at 08:53 PM
arbib

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gallery page update...

Wow... even though you have a lot of photos, the image variety and your diversity in skill sets are worth looking at each photo.

Feb 03, 2016 at 09:42 PM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gallery page update...

Thanks!

Feb 03, 2016 at 09:48 PM
ogerisg321
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gallery page update...

Nice! It flows nice and has lots of variety to it.

Feb 03, 2016 at 10:17 PM
thethinkcouch
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gallery page update...

to me... it seems like a lot of blk&wht indoor shots. not really sure how many images there actually are but that's what stuck out with me.

looks like you had a good year.

//ed

Feb 04, 2016 at 12:30 AM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gallery page update...

Great website, Rob. Great images and processing. One question -- two of your Proof galleries are unlocked, requiring no password. Intentional?

Feb 04, 2016 at 12:31 AM
ashton lamont
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gallery page update...

Works well.

Can I be cheeky and ask what your lighting setup was for a couple of strongly backlit images.

One is bride and groom, groom in white military uniform, bride holding bouquet of white flowers.

Two is bride with six bridesmaids in green dresses, line abreast walking in woods.

Thanks,

Pete

Feb 04, 2016 at 09:21 AM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gallery page update...

Rob,

Very nice work.

As far as feedback, I feel like some of the photos are not as strong as the others, so maybe it would benefit from better curation. I also feel that the strongest/most interesting images are the candid / the ones where the subjects does not appear to be camera aware. The typical 'bride-and-groom-looking-at-camera' shots are not as strong.

I also think mixing vertical/horizontal in this style of gallery doesn't work too well, i suggest stitching the verticals so that each slide has 2 verticals side-by-side so it fills the frame.

Thanks for sharing!

Feb 04, 2016 at 09:41 AM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gallery page update...

Great points everyone....thanks!

Feb 04, 2016 at 10:26 AM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gallery page update...

Hey Ashton,

The navy officer (who was the medical doc for President Bush) and the bride were lit from behind from the sun. They were standing on a dock in direct sun, and I lit the front with a Quantum t5 with no modifier at full power. The harsh shadows kinda bother me, but I didn't have many options at that time. I wanted to get the historic hotel in the background, and without the sun providing a hair light, they blended too much into the tree.

The green dress shot was all natural light.

Thanks for asking.

Rob

Feb 04, 2016 at 10:32 AM
mitchel674
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Gallery page update...

Great variety and wonderful shots. You really showcase your talents across the wedding spectrum.

I particularly like the chairlift photo!

Feb 04, 2016 at 10:53 AM
ashton lamont
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Gallery page update...

Cheers Rob, I like both images. I guessed you must have had to blast the first image, I don't mind the shadows at all. I'd never have guessed the 2nd image was all natural light because of the shadows in front of the girls whilst their faces are very clear. I plan to compete with the sun a lot more this season instead of always hunting out shaded areas hence the question :- )

Pete

Feb 04, 2016 at 11:12 AM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Gallery page update...

Oh...I may have said the natural light was the wrong image. (There are two images of bridesmaids in green dresses). If it's the same bride as the first photo, then that too was lit with the Quantum T5 ... which is collecting dust on my shelf.

Rob

Feb 04, 2016 at 11:18 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.