Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Archive 2016 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

Nexed
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

With regard to AF point selection, what I've done with the A6000 is make the button at the center of the back dial responsible for triggering lock on autofocus. While that spot can be moved using the four dial buttons as a joystick, that takes multiple steps and is quite annoying to take further out from the center.

Instead, I trigger center lock on autofocus (two quick, unthinking clicks of the center button), place my target in the center, press the center button again to tell the camera to track this target, then recompose to suit my purposes.

I know that sounds quite involved, but I've found it to be pretty quick. And if you're in DMF mode, you can quickly make adjustments on lens to take focus from the face to the eye, or if it is a human subject, use the Eye AF. For the most part, it works well. I think the centering to focus then recomposing is actually be more intuitive than using a joystick or touchscreen (when the camera is up against my eye), and this is especially faster when you want to compose so the subject is much farther out from the center, which the A6000 easily allows for with its pretty wide AF point coverage.

Feb 08, 2016 at 04:51 PM
m3photo

p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

Hmm, focus lock and recompose was when there was no other way. I recommend listening to Gary Fong's reasoning behind the systems offered today:

https://www.garyfong.com/learn/confi...bject-tracking

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:12 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

Lenses don't look as big as I thought.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:39 PM
Lotusm50
• • • • •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

TMaG82 wrote:
[What's surprising is there was a poll in forum out there that revolves around Fuji and the results were surprising. More than 50% responded that they were left eye shooters and about 35% said right eye.

What are the other 15%?

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:29 AM
jjohnson
• •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

Lotusm50 wrote:
What are the other 15%?

65% would be more than 50%, no?

Feb 18, 2016 at 01:49 AM
Lotusm50
• • • • •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

jjohnson wrote:
65% would be more than 50%, no?

65% is indeed more than 50%.

Obviously my lame attempt at humor sailed on by. If 50% used the left eye, and 35% used the right eye, there is a remaining 15% that (possibly?) uses another eye?

;-)

Feb 18, 2016 at 08:56 PM
jjohnson
• •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

Lotusm50 wrote:
65% is indeed more than 50%.

Obviously my lame attempt at humor sailed on by. If 50% used the left eye, and 35% used the right eye, there is a remaining 15% that (possibly?) uses another eye?

;-)

No, I guess that mine failed. He didn't say that 50% were left eyed. He said that more than 50% were left eyed. It could have been 65%, no? :-)

Feb 18, 2016 at 09:56 PM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

jjohnson wrote:
No, I guess that mine failed. He didn't say that 50% were left eyed. He said that more than 50% were left eyed. It could have been 65%, no? :-)

Lol, if I remember correctly, I think a few people said they don't care and shoot with whatever eye they feel like at a given time.

Apr 27, 2016 at 09:05 AM
ron003

p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · Sony Alpha A6300 announced!

A6300 is successor to Sony A6000 that was released couple of years back. The A6300 is follow-up of Sony A6000 APS-C Sensor mirrorless camera. Despite the fact that the company has spent the last pair of years spraying its full frame A7 cameras with all technological progressions, it’s very good to notice that Sony has this time launched its high-end crop-sensor cameras.

Click below for every single informtion regarding it's features, specifications, design, build and so on.Sony A6300 Complete Review

Nov 08, 2016 at 06:06 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.