FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Clayton G
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Had the pleasure of hiking around Torres del Paine about a month ago. Hope you enjoy these images. I shoot weddings more seriously these days, but love the colors and beauty of nature.

DSC07035.jpg by Clayton, on Flickr

DSC06993.jpg by Clayton, on Flickr

DSC07018-Pano.jpg by Clayton, on Flickr

DSC06770.jpg by Clayton, on Flickr

DSC06737.jpg by Clayton, on Flickr

Edited by JimFox on Feb 03, 2016 at 03:01 PM · View previous versions

Feb 03, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Enjoyed looking at these Clayton. Torres del Paine is absolutely on my bucket list, and high up there too ! Which trek did you do ? The W ?

#2 & #5 are my favourites from this series.

Feb 03, 2016 at 12:19 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Hey Clayton,

Is it their summer there? Sure is lots of snow. #3 is my favorite. I like the composition in #2, but wish the sun was lighting up more of those peaks.

Jim

Feb 03, 2016 at 03:30 PM
Clayton G
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Frogfish wrote:
Enjoyed looking at these Clayton. Torres del Paine is absolutely on my bucket list, and high up there too ! Which trek did you do ? The W ?

#2 & #5 are my favourites from this series.

Thanks! Yes, I just did the 'W'. For pure photography I think exploring around the park with a car and with different views would be fun, but to see the park the 'W' is great. Wanted to opt for the larger O, but just didn't work out.

---------------------------------------------

JimFox wrote:
Hey Clayton,

Is it their summer there? Sure is lots of snow. #3 is my favorite. I like the composition in #2, but wish the sun was lighting up more of those peaks.

Jim

Yes... the snow was an absolute surprise for everyone. Made for a very cold and wet portion of the hike which was not too expected.

Thanks, the way the sun fills the valley I felt that as the peaks got more lit up the overall scene flattened out and lost the magic of the sunrise light. Hence the tight crop of #3 (which is actually a several shot stitch made wth an 85)

Detail is very high in these, not sure how it isn't showing here. Maybe it's flickr, or maybe it was my lightroom export.

Feb 03, 2016 at 03:51 PM
matthewsaville
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Not to rag on the icons of Patagonia, but #4 is really winning for me. I'm loving the unique view and composition!

Feb 06, 2016 at 12:10 AM
Clayton G
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

matthewsaville wrote:
Not to rag on the icons of Patagonia, but #4 is really winning for me. I'm loving the unique view and composition!

Thanks! Glad to hear it catches your eye, its my favorite of the set. Wishing I came away with something I loved from the peaks, but at least it was a beautiful experience.

Feb 07, 2016 at 04:50 PM
Cheryle Sytsma
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

The colors here are wonderful...
Lovely palate you have presented!

Feb 08, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Clayton G
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Cheryle Sytsma wrote:
The colors here are wonderful...
Lovely palate you have presented!

Thank you Cheryle! The water colors really are incredible in person.

Feb 08, 2016 at 05:48 PM
matthewsaville
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Torres Del Paine - The Heart of Patagonia

Clayton G wrote:
Thanks! Glad to hear it catches your eye, its my favorite of the set. Wishing I came away with something I loved from the peaks, but at least it was a beautiful experience.

Honestly, half the time I visit an iconic, postcard-y location, the icon itself is just something I usually sit and look at, soak in, and enjoy with my own two eyes. I may snap a photo or two, but almost every time my favorite images I come home with are the ones that capture a more unknown view, yet still contain the essence of a location and still bring back all the feelings of being there.

Thanks for sharing,

=Matt=

Feb 08, 2016 at 06:54 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.