New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Topaz Impression crashing with CS6 & El Capitan

Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Topaz Impression crashing with CS6 & El Capitan

Things were going smoothly while using CS6 and Impression with Yosemite on an iMac for a number of months. Almost 2 weeks ago I upgraded to El Capitan. Previously I had done a test on a Macbook Air running El Capitan to make sure all would work and it did. Even after the upgrade on my iMac, the first image worked no problem.

The next images started crashing haphazardly when clicking OK. Sometimes it would work, other times not. I downloaded and reinstalled El Capitan, Impression, as well as Apple's Java 6. According to Topaz, the problem is a memory stack overflow error (EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)).

Although most of my work is with using Impression as a Smart Filter, this is happening with rasterized images as well. Topaz is saying that it was not designed to work with Smart Objects and does not support that use. It worked for 3 months before.... However, as mentioned, it crashes with rasterized images as well.

Others having similar issues? This is on an iMac with 32 GB with 21 GB allocated for PS, so memory is not an issue.

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:31 PM
TimMunsey
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Topaz Impression crashing with CS6 & El Capitan

Wonder what they did to make programs unstable in El Capitan, perhaps a two year update would be more practical than a yearly OS change.

Feb 08, 2016 at 09:39 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Topaz Impression crashing with CS6 & El Capitan

There must have been a lot of low level tweaks since the download was over 6 GB. The individual at Topaz mentioned that there had been some changes in memory management which could be impacting it.

According to cio.com, adoption for El Capitan is lagging, but then with some adjustments, it's not:

http://www.cio.com/article/3029360/os-x/os-x-el-capitan-adoption-lags-behind-predecessors.html

Feb 08, 2016 at 10:38 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.