Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

Douglas L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

Hi. I just acquired a used Canon 24mm Tilt & Shift II. I got to play with it a bit today and noticed the shift lock knob (#12 in page 5 of the user manual below) can't be tightened, it just keeps turning. From what I could gather on the internet, some folks had issues with the locking knobs being stuck. Mine is the opposite. The shift doesn't feel loose even with the lock knob being loose.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300003542/01/ts-e24f35lii-en.pdf

This is my first T&S lens. Is this something that I need to be concerned? Thanks,

Douglas

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:49 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

The shift knob that controls shift movement is the most important thing. It's possible that a previous user forced the lens to shift when the lock knob was locked down, which might have stripped the lock knob's knob.

OTOH, have you tried tightening the screw in the centre of the lock knob, that holds the knob in position?

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:07 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

jcolwell wrote:
The shift knob that controls shift movement is the most important thing. It's possible that a previous user forced the lens to shift when the lock knob was locked down, which might have stripped the lock knob's knob.

OTOH, have you tried tightening the screw in the centre of the lock knob, that holds the knob in position?

If that doesn't work, then remove the outer knob and see if the underlying small knob (for the cropper bodies) will work.

EBH

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:12 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

Thank you both. Sorry if I caused confusion, the shift knob works fine, the shift lock knob is loose. I need to get a tiny screw driver to try to tighten the screw in the center of the lock knob first and see how it goes.

Douglas

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:26 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

Advantage of the 24 TSE version I - the knobs were all metal and not the cheap plastic screws as in version II. IMO this is the only thing I dislike in this new lens version. But so far I did not experience any issue with the knobs, but I am handling them with care, too.

Jan 30, 2016 at 08:56 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

It's a compromise for EF-S mount cameras. I'd rather have real knobs and not worry about compatibility with the cheap cameras.

EBH

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 24mm T&S II Shift Lock Knob Loose?

Quick update, I went to Home Depot to get one of those mini screw drivers to unscrew the screw in the shift lock knob and tighten it again, it seems fine now.

Thank you all.

Douglas

Jan 30, 2016 at 05:27 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.