Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · 5D3 to 5DS R: What about ISO?

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5D3 to 5DS R: What about ISO?

Cropping is not the same as down rezzing. Why would you crop a 5Ds shot, when it's the same sensor size as 5D3?

eyal.ma wrote:
r
I think it is a bit misleading.
If you take the full picture out of a 5DsR vs a 5D3, the new processor and the abundant of data from the 5DsR, gives it an edge in the ability to clean the noise.
But if you plan to start doing heavy crops, you will start to notice more of the noise, so if you compare that cropped 20MP to a full image of the 5D3, they will go back to be similar overall.
Now if you crop from both the 5DsR and the 5D3, you will be better off with the 5DsR. If you
...Show more

Jan 27, 2016 at 04:05 PM
Eyvind Ness
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 5D3 to 5DS R: What about ISO?

Because I'm reach limited, even with a 600mm + 2x?

Jan 27, 2016 at 04:29 PM
johnctharp
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 5D3 to 5DS R: What about ISO?

gdanmitchell wrote:
If you need high MP and you want high quality small gear for travel, you might find that the combination of the 5DsR plus a small Fujifilm system will work for you as it does for me. I produce beautiful 18" x 24" prints from the Fujifilm images.

Or, stick with what you have — not as small, but you cover the high resolution and fast AF needs.

The more I look at what Fuji is doing with their slower glass (to save size), and with their newest sensor and AF, I'm starting to like the idea of grabbing say an X-E3 and a few Fuji and Samyang primes.

Jan 27, 2016 at 06:13 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 5D3 to 5DS R: What about ISO?

Eyvind Ness wrote:
Because I'm reach limited, even with a 600mm + 2x?

And so would the 5D3 shot be reach limited, so you'd have to crop that too for a fair comparison.

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:16 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.