New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Photo Mechanic missing image on ingest

thebmrust
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo Mechanic missing image on ingest

NOTE: I do have a support email in to CameraBits and will update as time goes on.

Problem:
All images are not imported into PM from memory card. (may be an ongoing issue, or a one time event).

I made some notes about some images while in the field. When I went to look for these specific images, they were not in PM or Lightroom.

Luckily, I had not formatted that card yet and I found that PM didn't ingest about 40% of the images on the card.

History:
I have had some errors on ingest before, resulting in waiting for all other cards to ingest then ingesting a single card (which sort of negates the multiple card ingest benefit of PM). It also produces duplicate images that have to be manually deleted (which is incredibly time consuming).

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM
larryt
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo Mechanic missing image on ingest

Maybe try this with photo mechanic... Select the individual images that did not move from your card and select copy-move. You can do a partial transfer to the drive of your choice instead of a full ingest.

Jan 29, 2016 at 07:52 PM
thebmrust
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo Mechanic missing image on ingest

Here is what I received from PM re: the missing images on ingest.

I followed the suggestions.

I have NOT seen a repeat of the problem, but I wonder what and how many images have not ingested in the last year.

I am still manually checking image counts after every card ingest until I have complete confidence or until PM implements a counter or some sort of way to confirm the number of images on a card (versus amount of space) that were ingested during the ingest process. (I know you see the number of images in the tab, but I don't see an image count per card...

1) Log out of your user account to ensure all Photo Mechanic processes have been terminated.

2) Log into your user account.

3) Delete the directory: C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\cache.
[NOTE: You may need to set Window’s Explorer Options to “View Hidden Files and Folders”.]

4) Empty the Recycle Bin.

5) Make sure the cache folder was deleted successfully.
That the directory: C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\cache does not exist.

6) Run Photo Mechanic 5

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:22 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.