New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 4K Ultra HD - HDMI/Display Port questions

Brad Williams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 4K Ultra HD - HDMI/Display Port questions

I recently got a new Dell XPS computer and two new 27" Dell 4K Ultra HD monitors. I have one hooked up to the HDMI Slot and the is hooked up to the display port slot.

I also have a Datacolor Spyder calibration system too, but I have yet to run it.

Right out of the box, I have all the factory settings set and they monitors are both set the exact same. However The monitors look completely different. I hope when I run the calibration system they look the same, but anyone have thoughts on which monitor I should be editing on? HDMI or Display Port? Or does my computer have other issues and they should look the exact same?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Jan 25, 2016 at 04:29 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 4K Ultra HD - HDMI/Display Port questions

I have one of the Dell 4k's.
If you turn off the monitors and swap cables, does each monitor look the same, or is the display the same based on the input cable type? At least you can use process of elimination to isolate your pc or monitors.

Jan 25, 2016 at 07:35 PM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 4K Ultra HD - HDMI/Display Port questions

Last night was looking through the display settings in the computer. I didn't change anything but when I left the display settings page, it changed the look of the Display Port Monitor and now it looks just like the HDMI. So weird...

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:11 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.