Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Archive 2016 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'
  
 
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


Congratulations to AFphotography for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 3 votes - View Previous Winners


Thanks for looking! I've had this session in my mind's eye for a year or so now and thanks to Lydia I was finally able to put it all together! It was cold and by cold I mean a wind chill in the single digits and snowing! I was dressed like I was living in Antartica and well... you can see what Lydia was wearing! She is not only beautiful but knows what she is doing! I'm very pleased with the outcome. Gear: Fuji xt10, Fuji 23 1.4, 56 1.2 and 90 f2





1







2







3







4







5




Jan 25, 2016 at 07:42 PM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


..





6







7







8







9







10




Jan 25, 2016 at 07:45 PM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


..

Edited on Jan 25, 2016 at 09:39 PM · View previous versions



Jan 25, 2016 at 07:45 PM
davenfl
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


Wow, not to play with words and using phrases from my day, she is a stone cold fox. What a beautiful young woman and stellar model. Not to downgrade your work but she is not capable of giving you a bad photo set. All that said you did incredible work here, really really good. Love to see more. You make a hot team.

Dave



Jan 25, 2016 at 08:17 PM
Jim Rickards
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


davenfl wrote:
Wow, not to play with words and using phrases from my day, she is a stone cold fox. What a beautiful young woman and stellar model. Not to downgrade your work but she is not capable of giving you a bad photo set. All that said you did incredible work here, really really good. Love to see more. You make a hot team.

Dave

I think photographer talent is what makes a fine photo. It can be a fine photo of a beautiful lady or one that is less remarkable. But it's the photographer, not the model. I've seen too many beautiful models on this forum where the end result (the photo) was less than stellar.

YMMV.




Jan 25, 2016 at 10:28 PM
davenfl
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


My point was to complement both the photographer and the model for a job very well done. I stand by my statement that this particular young lady with her features, figure, makeup, and clothing would present a a relatively foolproof package to any excellent photographer which this gentlemen obviously is. You have to provide credit to the model for her work her as well. Both are artists in my opinion.

Dave



Jan 25, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Nuchuga
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


I absolutely love #3, the eyes pop out a lot and look fantastic without being overdone! Well done!


Jan 25, 2016 at 11:48 PM
Evan Baines
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


I think the first series are a little stronger than the second. In both you've managed the light quite well, and she does a nice job as a model as noted. The poses in the first feel a little looser to me, and some of the angles in the second set don't flatter her figure as much as I suspect they could, although again with an attractive model this isn't as noticeable (mostly 8&9 here). 6 on the other hand does an excellent job creating a statuesque and feminine figure. (compare the difference in figure of 6 vs 8, which are almost identical poses but the subtle differences add up).

Anyway, figured I'd try to give some more detailed feedback on overall a fine set.



Jan 25, 2016 at 11:48 PM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


davenfl wrote:
Wow, not to play with words and using phrases from my day, she is a stone cold fox. What a beautiful young woman and stellar model. Not to downgrade your work but she is not capable of giving you a bad photo set. All that said you did incredible work here, really really good. Love to see more. You make a hot team.

Dave


She is very beautiful! Thanks!



Jan 25, 2016 at 11:55 PM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


Nuchuga wrote:
I absolutely love #3, the eyes pop out a lot and look fantastic without being overdone! Well done!


Thank you! Please slap me if my clients eyes ever look like aliens!



Jan 25, 2016 at 11:57 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


Evan Baines wrote:
I think the first series are a little stronger than the second. In both you've managed the light quite well, and she does a nice job as a model as noted. The poses in the first feel a little looser to me, and some of the angles in the second set don't flatter her figure as much as I suspect they could, although again with an attractive model this isn't as noticeable (mostly 8&9 here). 6 on the other hand does an excellent job creating a statuesque and feminine figure. (compare the difference in figure of 6 vs 8,
...Show more

Thank you and the feedback is very valuable! The temperature dropped about 10 degrees between the two sets and went from a 5-10mph breeze to a 25mph wind. The picture with the train in the air was 100% due to the wind lifting it off the ground. It was very cold and I think she was starting to feel it. We shot the 2nd series in about 5 minutes due to the temperature. I can see the difference between 6 and 8 and I do agree. I think 6 works better because it is showing the curves of her hips and legs whereas 6 cuts off those curves and almost makes her look like she's trying to cover her stomach. Thanks for taking the time for detailed feedback!



Jan 26, 2016 at 12:02 AM
film_4ever
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


A couple of really nice sets. Like the post processing on image 2 a lot. Images 3 and 5 are just super.

Your model was quite the trooper to go out in the elements with just the red dress on for the second set. You got some great shots considering the short amount of time you had to work on the second set.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for posting your work.



Jan 26, 2016 at 03:41 PM
fstop212
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


first off, let me say you did an amazing job capturing this beautiful woman. I love the colors, and lighting in these photos.
Secondly, the model. OMG, she is absolutely gorgeous.



Jan 26, 2016 at 05:07 PM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


film_4ever wrote:
A couple of really nice sets. Like the post processing on image 2 a lot. Images 3 and 5 are just super.

Your model was quite the trooper to go out in the elements with just the red dress on for the second set. You got some great shots considering the short amount of time you had to work on the second set.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks for posting your work.


Yes she was so great! Thank you for your kind words!



Jan 27, 2016 at 04:29 AM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


fstop212 wrote:
first off, let me say you did an amazing job capturing this beautiful woman. I love the colors, and lighting in these photos.
Secondly, the model. OMG, she is absolutely gorgeous.


Thank you so much!



Jan 27, 2016 at 04:30 AM
ImagePass
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


Hi all,

Like others said: the young woman is so beautiful and your work is great! donít change anything.
I like all your pictures very much and my preferred is number 3: gorgeous!
Fabien.



Jan 27, 2016 at 05:47 AM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


ImagePass wrote:
Hi all,

Like others said: the young woman is so beautiful and your work is great! donít change anything.
I like all your pictures very much and my preferred is number 3: gorgeous!
Fabien.


Thank you for the kind words and taking the time to write them



Jan 27, 2016 at 06:39 PM
macentropist
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


Just wow, great shots of a very good looking lady! Well done...


Jan 27, 2016 at 10:59 PM
AFphotography
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


macentropist wrote:
Just wow, great shots of a very good looking lady! Well done...


Thank you!



Jan 27, 2016 at 11:31 PM
PierreGuerette
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Lydia 'Fire and Ice'


Great shots of a beautiful lady done with taste and talent. I do admire her grace under what seems to be a tad cold weather. By the way, my favorites are 3,5 and 6. What lenses were used for these shots; there are so razor precise!


Jan 27, 2016 at 11:33 PM
1
       2       3       end






FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password