Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2016 · End of Nikon flash nightmare?

elkhornsun
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · End of Nikon flash nightmare?

I stayed with my four SB-800's which continue to perform flawlessly. They also have the IR autofocus assist that I still find invaluable when the lights are low during the reception dancing (which is almost always the case).

For group photos I rely on Quantum Qflash units that I can remotely adjust and trigger with the Quantum FreeXwire RF transmitters. I can adjust output in 1/3 EV +/- increments with the turn of the dial on the DW on my camera's hot shoe and this saves time. I can use the two metal reflectors or shoot bare bulb or use a collapsible 19" octagonal softbox that takes 10 seconds to get ready. I can even run two Qflash off the same battery pack and add more stacks to the battery pack to increase its capacity incrementally.

I can set the flashes on lightstands or have my assistant hold one using a monopod as a light pole for outdoor use when it is windy and I trigger it with the same DW to transmitter on the flash bracket to the receiver on the side of the Qflash.

I use the FreeXwire to remotely trigger my Nikon speedlights as well as it is reliable at distances up to 1000 feet and I have used it to remotely focus and fire a Nikon camera with the camera in locations during the ceremony where a photographer was not allowed. It is also eTTL and iTTL compatible so I have not had to change flash when going from Nikon to Canon and from Canon to Nikon cameras.

Quantum is designed for portable use and to be durable and reliable and work 100% of the time. I can set everything up quickly and take it down just as quickly so I minimize the wait factor when photographing groups at events.

Jan 27, 2016 at 03:15 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.