New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Bad canera? Bad card?

runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bad canera? Bad card?

Used the D700 a couploe weeks ago with zero probolems. I used it for a shoot last week and got some bad jpegs, whiole the NEFs were fine. Anybody know is it the card? Is it the camera? The other card for this camera is fine.

Jan 20, 2016 at 04:38 PM
Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bad canera? Bad card?

If there is no problem between the camera and the other card, it sounds like the issue is with card #1. Try it in another camera or try writing/reading from your computer and see if it works that way. You may be able to download the manufacturer's software to exercise the card and perform tests.

Jan 20, 2016 at 05:47 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bad canera? Bad card?

Mystery solved through a process of elimination. Between 2 cards, 3 computers, 2 USB3 card readers I found it. The problem is the USB port on my HP machine. Everything works fine on the other 2 of everything. The only place I get the errors is my HP machine which is, thankfully under the extended warranty I purchased when I started getting random error messages.

I got suspicious when I looked at the photos on the camera and they were perfect.

Jan 20, 2016 at 07:10 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.