New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · speedlights, advice and info needed

deterpawson09

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · speedlights, advice and info needed

hello fellow photgs,
need some advice and info on a speedlight situation.
I have a Nikon d7000, sb-700 flash, yongnuo 560ex flash, no triggers as of yet.
Was thinking of picking up a yn 568 ex ll, HOWEVER, not sure if there is one for a Nikon mount, all I see on amazon are for a canon.
I need the EX ll version because I need a 2nd commander/master just in case.
I do all types of imagery but portraits are my favourite but I do that both indoors and outdoors.
I have a basic umbrella/ umbrella type softbox , lighstands with flash adapters and a couple of backdrops, nuthin too fancy, this is not the way i pay me bills.
Does anyone have further info on that.
If I do find one, will this form a mini system that I can work with, triggering of a yn 662N and maybe the TX commander.
Any help will be appreciated. I thank all in advance for comments, suggestions and ideas.
A Happy 2016 to all and may you put a smile on all that you meet even dem grumpy ones.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:46 AM
conrad2nr
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · speedlights, advice and info needed

The appropriate Nikon alternative is the YN568-EX, only the Canon received a mark II update.

Also, your YN560 would be a mk II, III, IV but not an EX.

If you're going after TTL or HSS the YN568 or YN565 are the way to go for Nikon. The YN622N(-TX) make for a pretty capable off camera flash system as well.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:53 AM
Ryukyu
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · speedlights, advice and info needed

I use 2 YN-568N speedlights with the YN-622N transceivers, and the YN-622TX with my D7K and it all works just fine.
If you have more detailed questions, I would suggest you contact Tim Payne at yongnuousa.net. He can answer any question you have, and is very helpful.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:49 PM
deterpawson09

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · speedlights, advice and info needed

Thank you kindly for your replies and advice.
I think I might wait a tad and invest into the 'yongnuo'.
btw.... the flash I have is a yn560ex it was renamed I think from the yn600ex.
does anyone have any info or experience with the Pixel Mago speedlights, the reviews seem pretty good, but then again are the riggers any good, coz they will be needed to be triggered off camera, via radio signal of some sort.
Cya

Jan 20, 2016 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.