New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Anemone

GSteele
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anemone

I let nature provide the form, feel and color for my photos. Then sometimes I see how much I can screw it up.

http://www.natureinphotos.com/Miranda/Anemone.jpg

Jan 17, 2016 at 09:27 PM
Lee Nelson
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anemone

Hi Gary,
Nature can certainly provide some beautiful abstracts and your subject certainly does. Hard to think of them as predators here

I do have a suggestion for you to bring back some of the power in your highs. Maybe select the highs (ctrl + alt +5 ) and go to layer, new adjustment layer, then levels, then multiply in the mode and 100% opacity. This is of course just my opinion.

Really glad to see you posting.........

LeeI let nature provide the form, feel and color for my photos. Then sometimes I see how much I can screw it up.

Jan 18, 2016 at 12:13 PM
GSteele
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anemone

Thanks Lee,

This just the type of feedback I was looking for, plus some. I didn't know there was a method for just selecting the highlights in PS. Can't wait to give it a try, I tried but never could bring them down without ruining the remainder of the picture.

Your the best!

Gary

Jan 18, 2016 at 07:44 PM
GSteele
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anemone

Lee I went with your recommendation and made the change on the existing picture. I had fought the blown highlights and just didn't know what to do. Again thanks!
http://natureinphotos.com//Miranda/Anemone_LN.jpg

Jan 19, 2016 at 01:55 PM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.