FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2016 · LD 14 Eagles

trulie98
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · LD 14 Eagles

Great images Larry, I always enjoy seeing your work and talking with you at L&D14. We've talked a few times in the past and I always learn something. I wanted to say hi last weekend but you are a popular dude and I didn't want to interrupt or take from your shooting opportunities.
Troy

Jan 22, 2016 at 09:04 PM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · LD 14 Eagles

pfnskyshots wrote:
Hope it keeps up Larry! If it does, I might plan another excursion the 2nd week in Feb. That's when I came up 2 years ago and had some great action; maybe it'll happen again!

--Rich

Hi Rich,
Presently, there are eagles at LD 14, but there always be more. We need snow on the ground and more cold.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 06:53 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · LD 14 Eagles

Billphysics wrote:
Great pictures, Larry. I really like #3.

I was up for the first time last winter and I hope to be able to make it again. Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

Hi. Hope to see you. The number of eagles have fair. We need more snow and cold.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 06:54 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · LD 14 Eagles

runakid wrote:
Liked them all- what's wrong with #1 or #4 ? They were such a great captures. See you next week- bringing Shirley too. Any hot dogs left? Were you shooting on the walkway or near the water? Handheld or on a tripod?

dan

Hi Dan,
Say hi to Shirley. Hope to see you. No hotdogs left, I ate more dogs than eagles seen, but it's better now.
The older I get, I have to use a tripod with the 500mm, Those photos were taken on the boardwalk. I'd rather be down on waters edge, but the ice on the rocks was to slippery.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 06:57 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · LD 14 Eagles

runakid wrote:
#1 is beautiful. I don't see the problem with it.

Thank you, but the PP was hurried and could be better.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 06:58 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · LD 14 Eagles

Hardcore wrote:
Stunning set Larry!

Thank you kindly.

Jan 25, 2016 at 06:58 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · LD 14 Eagles

pfnskyshots wrote:
If the eagles are still around, I might make an excursion with a couple of friends the third week in Feb. Though it's a lot warmer here in FL than it is up there! I think I was there the third week in Feb two years ago when it was -20 degrees when I was out there shooting one afternoon! Brrrr....

Hopefully the eagles will be here. PM me for some info closer to the your potential departure.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 06:59 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · LD 14 Eagles

JVthePT wrote:
I would estimate that here in Ottumwa we have about 50 or 60 eagles scattered over about 10 miles of the Des Moines river. However there isn't much ice cover since the water level has been so high. If we can get some drop in H2O and temp it should be good.
Is it very busy there photography-wise on weekdays?

Hi. I prefer weekdays because there are less people.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 07:00 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · LD 14 Eagles

reko wrote:
Nice shots Larry. You're off to a good start!

Thank you. I hope so as well. This has been a different winter. It's been hard to forecast anything about the eagles, river flooding, etc.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 07:02 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · LD 14 Eagles

runakid wrote:
See you Tuesday.

See you on Tuesday.

Jan 25, 2016 at 07:03 AM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · LD 14 Eagles

trulie98 wrote:
Great images Larry, I always enjoy seeing your work and talking with you at L&D14. We've talked a few times in the past and I always learn something. I wanted to say hi last weekend but you are a popular dude and I didn't want to interrupt or take from your shooting opportunities.
Troy

I always have time for a fellow FM'er. Make sure you make your presence known. Good light to you.
Larry

Jan 25, 2016 at 07:04 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.