New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sigma 150-600, Nikon D610 AF Fine tuning

rushers

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 150-600, Nikon D610 AF Fine tuning

I have just spent a number of hours calibrating my Sigma150-600 Sport, it is now tack sharp throughout the range and thought I would share some observations:

1) I eventually only tuned with the dock, with a resultant tune of 0 on the body. This resulted in the most accurate tuning.
2) The Dot Tune method is robust and very simple although the fine tuning at infinity at 400 and 600 was more difficult because of AF variability related to light, subject, heat haze etc. I used both a building in the distance as well as a road sign about 40m away.
3) On my Nikon D610 the values obtained from the Dot tune translated almost exactly to the required calibration in the dock. There was no need for any multiplication factor. I tried the multiplication factor the 1st time and realised immediately that the x2 did not hold for my D610.
4) I did the 2nd round and the resultant checking of AF accuracy with AF-S and it seemed to make determining the positive green dot a little easier. I performed the 1st attempt with AF-C d9, although there was no real difference.

By all accounts the new D500 seems to be using some form of automated dot tune Af fine tune adjustment.

Jan 17, 2016 at 04:05 PM
mmurph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 150-600, Nikon D610 AF Fine tuning

Thank you for sharing! This came up recently in the Nikon Forum.

You might get more response if you repeat your post there:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/7

Jan 19, 2016 at 01:12 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.