New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · I'm Augustus

Lee Nelson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I'm Augustus

I've lived in the San Diego Zoo since 1928 and was born in the Galapagos Islands. Don't really know how old I am but "age before beauty" seems to fit both Lee and me!!

Jan 17, 2016 at 02:16 PM
GSteele
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I'm Augustus

Now that is one ugly looking Dude or Dudette! Even it's Mamma didn't stick around to see how it turned out! She laid that egg and hi-tailed it out of there. Does remind a little of a First Sargent I had one time, at least he wiped his face after eating except that one time that he....

The only time this turtle has shined is when you placed that light behind him! Tell Augustus that I will say hi to his kin when I see them this spring.

He could be a good model for some beastly thing in a movie though.

Well done Lee, I'll be up all night waiting for something like this to come down the hallway.

Gary

Jan 17, 2016 at 07:32 PM
Lee Nelson
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I'm Augustus

GSteele wrote:
Now that is one ugly looking Dude or Dudette! Even it's Mamma didn't stick around to see how it turned out! She laid that egg and hi-tailed it out of there. Does remind a little of a First Sargent I had one time, at least he wiped his face after eating except that one time that he....

The only time this turtle has shined is when you placed that light behind him! Tell Augustus that I will say hi to his kin when I see them this spring.

He could be a good model for some beastly thing in a movie
...Show more

Hi Gary,
I was just thinking of the first sergeant I had.........hmm, more like a bull dog with him!!!
Hey if you get to the Galapagos this spring you could say hi to Diego. He was at the zoo till his services were needed to help revitalize the population and from reports he did very good.

There was a tortoise named Winston at the zoo and became the model for the movie ET a few years ago. His fame took him to Florida now though.

Thanks very much Gary, it's always good to see a comment from you.

Lee

Jan 17, 2016 at 09:13 PM
GSteele
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I'm Augustus

He's probably the one that is lying around on the beach now with one of those fu-fu drinks that has a miniature umbrella in it. Sounds like it is well deserved!

Jan 17, 2016 at 09:35 PM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.