New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Ttown Aubie
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Great Smoky Mountains National Park

My wife has put together a trip to the area around the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for this weekend. I am vaguely familiar with the area and I know that it is typically an area where people are shooting for Fall Color. Does anyone have suggestions for places to shoot during this time of year?

Thanks

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Great Smoky Mountains National Park

The Tremont area should have good water flow this time of year. There has been plenty of rain.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:16 AM
NCAndy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Rain today, possible snow higher up, with gradually falling temperatures through Monday. Highs Monday around freezing. What that may mean is that US 441, the main road through the Park might close at times, especially each night. There will probably be some light snow at the higher elevations over the weekend. What side of the Park will you be based?

Any of the streams in the Park will have lots of water, too much maybe. Cades Cove can be especially nice on frosty mornings, even better if the higher mountains have a bit of snow. The Clingman's Dome Road is closed this time of year but a short walk up the road can get you to a couple overlooks for good picture ops. The road might have snow on it so be prepared.

Jan 15, 2016 at 08:32 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.