New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Wimberley Sidekick SK-100

Chris Moy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wimberley Sidekick SK-100

Has anyone recently heard or experienced this problem with the sidekick and Arca-Swiss Monoball Z1...

http://www.tripodhead.com/arca-swiss-warning.cfm

I was thinking of picking up a sidekick but I have a Z1 that I purchased back in Jan 2014 from Adoroam. I'm sure my ballhead is fine but I was just wondering if anyone have had this or heard of this problem recently. Thanks guys!

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:30 AM
MichGoBlue
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wimberley Sidekick SK-100

First I have heard of it. I use a Markins M20 with my Sidekick though.

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Chris Moy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wimberley Sidekick SK-100

I guess I can use my M10. It's going to hold a 400mm f/5.6 on a 7D. Not really that heavy.

MichGoBlue wrote:
First I have heard of it. I use a Markins M20 with my Sidekick though.

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:01 PM
AJSJones
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wimberley Sidekick SK-100

Both the Wimberley account and the Arca account affirm that it was fixed back in 2008, so I would not worry - you can read the questionnaire at the Arca site to see if by some timewarp remote chance you have an old one

Jan 13, 2016 at 01:36 PM
Chris Moy
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wimberley Sidekick SK-100

Thanks AJSJones!

AJSJones wrote:
Both the Wimberley account and the Arca account affirm that it was fixed back in 2008, so I would not worry - you can read the questionnaire at the Arca site to see if by some timewarp remote chance you have an old one

Jan 13, 2016 at 01:47 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wimberley Sidekick SK-100

I found with a number of ballheads that were not well designed that the leveraged load of a Sidekick would result in flexing of the shaft that connects the ball to the clamping piece. No such problems with the Kirk ballheads and doubt it would be a problem with the RRS ballheads.

This sort of problem is not uncommon and why it is not a good idea to rely 100% on the manufacturers' load capacity numbers. It is also why I buy from places like B&H where if there is a problem I can send the item back for a full refund with no problems and only the return shipping cost to pay.

Jan 13, 2016 at 03:45 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.