Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

Mado
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

Lakeside park

Mado 2016

Mado 2016

Mado 2016

Mado 2016

Jan 09, 2016 at 02:01 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

I really love that first photo, the big tree with the little person and dog, the snow on the ground, the background with the fog and slight reflection off the lake. Great photo. For me personally, the others aren't quite varied enough to make a really good series. Had you been able to change perspectives, like get in close on the person and dog with a wider lens or something, I think that would have made a good series. But with these, I think the 1st one stands on it's own just fine. I hope you don't mind me giving my feedback.

--David

Jan 09, 2016 at 03:24 PM
Mado
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

Thank you so much David for your feedback!

Jan 09, 2016 at 03:52 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

That's a wonderful tree and it stands out so well against the faded background. The picture needs something to top it off and the dog/person you found fits the bill well.

I kinda like the last picture with the 'off balance' dog walker. With some snow behind the dog instead of the dark shore, that would have been my pick of some very nice shots.

Well done!

Jan 09, 2016 at 04:30 PM
GoodEgg
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

No denigration of the series, but the tree is the star. I admire your vision.
I'd clone out the figures, then convert to b/w since the image is nearly monochromatic, w/ IR preset. Call it icing on the lake.

Jan 09, 2016 at 07:38 PM
billk55
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

Wow. I must be the only one who doesn't dig the tree. It was butchered in pruning at some point, and to me is just ugly. But - lovely drooping branches and lighting - it's the tree itself that is ugly.

I'd be interested in seeing a crop where only the 'nice' part of the tree shows, with the added advantage of pulling out the figures.

Jan 13, 2016 at 04:02 PM
Mado
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Walking on the beach with your dog (serie)

billk55 wrote:
Wow. I must be the only one who doesn't dig the tree. It was butchered in pruning at some point, and to me is just ugly. But - lovely drooping branches and lighting - it's the tree itself that is ugly.

I'd be interested in seeing a crop where only the 'nice' part of the tree shows, with the added advantage of pulling out the figures.

Thank you each of you for your kind comments.

Bill, this tree was broken in a big storm so it is not a bad pruning. I think it gives a bit of character.

Jan 14, 2016 at 04:12 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.