1       2       3              12      
       14       15       16       end

Archive 2016 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

lowside67
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · p.13 #1 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Paul Mo wrote:
To a degree the 1D X to 1D X II evolution seems (somewhat) analogous to the 5D2 to 5D3. With bated breath we await the 5D4 and 1D X III.

In my opinion the differences between the 5D2 and 5D3 were considerably more significant than the ones between the 1DX and 1DX2. I have no issue with that, I understand that for most shooters who treasure the 1DX, an incremental upgrade with no hiccups is more important than a chance at a huge improvement and a chance of a problem, since they are typically professionals relying on the dependability of their 1 series.

5D2 had a 9 point autofocus system, 4 FPS, and ISO100-6400. The 5D3 has a 61 point autofocus system, 6FPS, and ISO100-25600.

If the 5D4 has a refined 61pt autofocus (seems likely given what was just put into the 1DX2), 8FPS, a bit better high ISO and DR performance, and a megapickle bump, I'll be a very happy guy. I don't think any of those are out of the realm of possibility.

Mark

Feb 03, 2016 at 12:30 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.13 #2 · p.13 #2 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

lowside67 wrote:
In my opinion the differences between the 5D2 and 5D3 were considerably more significant than the ones between the 1DX and 1DX2. I have no issue with that, I understand that for most shooters who treasure the 1DX, an incremental upgrade with no hiccups is more important than a chance at a huge improvement and a chance of a problem, since they are typically professionals relying on the dependability of their 1 series.

5D2 had a 9 point autofocus system, 4 FPS, and ISO100-6400. The 5D3 has a 61 point autofocus system, 6FPS, and ISO100-25600.

If the 5D4 has a refined 61pt
...Show more
From a wedding editing service perspective.....

with regards to high iso 2400+
The 5DmkIII is a brother to the 1DX.... little brother as far as the quality of files are concerned.
The 5DmkII is like a cousin to the 5DmkIII.
The files (5DmkII) get muddy real fast when you have to correct for exposure and colors in crazy lighting.

The 5DmkIII is much better.... not as clean as the 1DX though, but close.

If the step from 1DX to 1DXmkII is like 5Dmkii to 5DmkIII ... that is one serious camera. files should be close to perfect... even ISO 8000+ .... very very usable and correctable with latitude.

we are in a "hurry up and wait" mode.

-Mark

Feb 03, 2016 at 12:44 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #3 · p.13 #3 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Funny how some assume it is not a considerable upgrade when they don't even know how much better the AF, IQ, etc. is because they have not even used it or seen any extensive reviews.

Who cares what they think.

Feb 03, 2016 at 01:01 AM
lowside67
• • •
p.13 #4 · p.13 #4 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

For sure, all we have are specs to go off of at this point. And the specs look like this camera is going to a beast, there is no doubt it's going to be an epic camera. All I am saying is the 1DX is pretty epic too...

Mark

Feb 03, 2016 at 01:03 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.13 #5 · p.13 #5 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

markd61 wrote:
This camera is a bit of a yawn for me.

The 1D series is about speed, AF and solid build. I guess they have checked those boxes on this edition (DPR seems to be a bit dubious about the AF though) but in the end a slight increase in FPS and a few video features hardly makes me reach for the checkbook.

I think we will have wait till Photokina to be astonished by something. Of course it can't have mad FPS because then this camera would have no reason for existing.

Feb 03, 2016 at 01:05 AM
markd61
• • •
p.13 #6 · p.13 #6 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Imagemaster wrote:
Funny how some assume it is not a considerable upgrade when they don't even know how much better the AF, IQ, etc. is because they have not even used it or seen any extensive reviews.

Funny how some assume it is a huge improvement when they have not even used it or seen any extensive reviews. The fact is that this IS a thread chock full of speculation and guesses.

Sorry to have slighted your God.

Feb 03, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.13 #7 · p.13 #7 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

markd61 wrote:
The fact is that this IS a thread chock full of speculation and guesses.

No kidding? Just like your speculation and guesses, eh?

Feb 03, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.13 #8 · p.13 #8 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Imagemaster wrote:

Every review site is full of amazing insight form forum desk jockeys that have never even picked up a 1 series camera in their life but know more about them than Canon themselves and know how the unreleased camera performs down to DR to the decimal point.

Feb 03, 2016 at 07:03 PM
Chuck Brittain

p.13 #9 · p.13 #9 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Just a trip back to the 1dx rumors leaks and announcement threads should pretty much tell you all you need to know about this thing will turn out.

Feb 03, 2016 at 07:10 PM
markd61
• • •
p.13 #10 · p.13 #10 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Imagemaster wrote:

Funny how some assume it is an epic upgrade when they don't even know how much better the AF, IQ, etc. is because they have not even used it or seen any extensive reviews.

The ONLY info we have is the specs and the actual hands opinion of people who handle a ton of cameras in the course of their day jobs. Their opinion of the AF was tempered by their admitted short time and the early FW. Yet they still looked closely at the AF which is a critical component of this camera's raison d'etre and is doubly so considering the concerns about AF ever since the 1Dmk3.
Cheerleading won't make it great.
We need to see it on the ground and in use to see if measures up to the hype of its press release.

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.13 #11 · p.13 #11 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Imagemaster wrote:

Reports of my mediocrity are greatly exaggerated.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:18 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.13 #12 · p.13 #12 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

And the title still contains 22MP.

EBH

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:20 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • • •
p.13 #13 · p.13 #13 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

I'm going out on a stretch and guess the 1DXii will be an upgrade over my 1Div. Feels like a fairly safe reach to me

Feb 29, 2016 at 01:07 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.13 #14 · p.13 #14 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

MedicineMan404 wrote:
I'm going out on a stretch and guess the 1DXii will be an upgrade over my 1Div. Feels like a fairly safe reach to me

Nah, 1DIV still has more reach

Feb 29, 2016 at 03:24 AM
jjoejr
• • •
p.13 #15 · p.13 #15 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

"And the title still contains 22MP. "
EBH

Finally! After 81,201 minutes, 301 posts, someone notices the 1.95 mpixel discrepancy.

Feb 29, 2016 at 08:20 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • • •
p.13 #16 · p.13 #16 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Haha true that and the 7Dii have a touch more. Nice to be able to choose and/or have a beater body.Not that I want to trash the 1Div but I'm sure it can take it.

Mar 01, 2016 at 05:07 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.13 #17 · p.13 #17 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Andy Rouse has this Hands-On-video up with the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II:

I think Andy's preview enthusiasm for the camera will drive Peter (PetKal) insane, so for no other reason than that, I'm posting it!

Mar 02, 2016 at 03:00 AM
MedicineMan404
• • • • •
p.13 #18 · p.13 #18 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

I've got one thing in common with Mr. Rouse, I get mud on everything.

Mar 02, 2016 at 04:42 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.13 #19 · p.13 #19 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Stoffer wrote:
Andy Rouse has this Hands-On-video up with the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II:

I think Andy's preview enthusiasm for the camera will drive Peter (PetKal) insane, so for no other reason than that, I'm posting it!

Yes, Nils, it is rather apparent that Rouse sort of likes the camera. However, I do not find his over-the-top enthusiasm annoying because a few years back I had seen an almost identical "review" he did when 1DX was introduced. In fact at that time he used the same "racing" otter to test AF of 1DX.

Well, upon brief reflection of his method, I'll think I'll stick with my own amateurish approach to Servo AF/tracking testing by using pijuns in head-on flight as targets, which method I began to use years ago even before Galbraith started shredding the 1DMkIII AF performance with his human runner.

Mar 02, 2016 at 05:53 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.13 #20 · p.13 #20 · 1DX II- 22mp Just Posted

Some more impressions, this time from Canon Explorer Ángel Martínez:

EOS-1D X Mark II doing soccer

He compares it to the EOS-1D X.

Mar 02, 2016 at 11:03 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.