Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Leica M System with Backpack?

Tobin28
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica M System with Backpack?

Hi Everyone,

I am a Leica shooter with a M240 and a M7. My kit is small. Two small 35mm lenses on cameras, one flash, two batteries, few rolls of film, charger, advil, phone, wallet etc.

I have been using a Billingham shoulder bag and am finding my shoulder getting tired as I am heading out for 8-10 hour days of doing street photography. I am thinking of switching to a backpack so it makes the day easier.

Does anyone use a backpack system for their leica kit? If so, what model are you using and like? Does carrying around an M camera incase the risk of knocking the cam out of RF calibration? So far I have never had a problem with doing that using a shoulder bag.

Anyways, thanks so much! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Tobin

Jan 08, 2016 at 12:22 AM
hiepphotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica M System with Backpack?

Tobin28 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am a Leica shooter with a M240 and a M7. My kit is small. Two small 35mm lenses on cameras, one flash, two batteries, few rolls of film, charger, advil, phone, wallet etc.

I have been using a Billingham shoulder bag and am finding my shoulder getting tired as I am heading out for 8-10 hour days of doing street photography. I am thinking of switching to a backpack so it makes the day easier.

Does anyone use a backpack system for their leica kit? If so, what model are you using and like? Does carrying around an M camera
...Show more

Tobin,

Or you can get a shoulder bag with a hip belt. I carry a much heavier load than you on the Everyday Messenger Bag. Did a full day of shooting with no shoulder fatigue.

Jan 08, 2016 at 07:25 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica M System with Backpack?

Tobin28 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone use a backpack system for their leica kit? If so, what model are you using and like? Does carrying around an M camera
...Show more

Mindshift just put out a few new bags as part of their Ultra light series, the smallest being a 16L, going up to 25 and 36 I believe. Has quick side access and room for stuff up top. Differs from their main type of bag which has the belt rotation system. Not associated with Mindshift in any way, just have a few of their bags and am part of their mailing list.

Jan 08, 2016 at 08:46 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.