FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Question about Canon refurbished cameras

Zenon Char
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Question about Canon refurbished cameras

rebelshooter wrote:
Just purchased a 7DII from Canon refurb. Just like new. Saved a few bucks and still got a full year warranty. I would use them again.

I'm glad I did not start a new a new thread. I'm thinking about selling my 5D3 and 7D2 for a 1DX II refurb when they are available. Kinda leery as I have not done this before and you wonder why something was returned.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:51 AM
anscochrome
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Question about Canon refurbished cameras

mdude85 wrote:
Wow, that's a blast from the past... KEH is still around? I remember buying (or possibly selling??) some stuff from/to them back in 2005 or so. I remember their prices weren't great, but I don't know if anything has changed since then.

KEH is still around. Yes. they and usedphotopro are still probably the best all around sources for used gear. Yes-the prices are higher than here and eBay, but part of the higher price means you are assured of receiving your gear, and not being the victim of a crooked thief. Not having to deal with thieves is worth the premium for me.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM
arnold1
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Question about Canon refurbished cameras

I have bought 3 refurbished bodies and many lenses and flashes. They all looked as good as new. The lenses were tack sharp and some of the best I have owned. They come with all paperwork and warranty in a white Canon refurbished box.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Question about Canon refurbished cameras

I bought 5 lenses and 2 cameras as refurbs from CanonDirect. The cameras were SL1 models and appeared to be new. ShutterCount indicated 14 and 19 shutter cycles.

All the lenses looked new, save for one, EF 40 2.8 STM, and it had only minor signs of use/wear. It was tack sharp without AFMA. I had returned a new EF 40 2.8 STM prior to buying the refurb because it suffered from decentering and coma. A sharp example was very welcome even with a couple minor blemishes on the barrel.

With all that said, normally CanonDirect refurbs are priced too close to new so wait for a sale.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM
Harold St
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Question about Canon refurbished cameras

Similar experience here - I've purchased 3 refurb SLR bodies and 2 G series cameras and many lenses from Canon and every one has perfomed as new.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:38 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.