New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · A little C&C wanted

macdolfan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A little C&C wanted

I was importing an old library and wanted some outside opinions of a couple of photos. Any comments, critiques, suggestions for cropping or PP are welcome.

EDIT: Updated the links so the pics show up. Sorry they are a bit large.

_MG_2022.CR2 by T S, on Flickr

_MG_1670.CR2 by T S, on Flickr

Edited on Jan 08, 2016 at 04:50 PM · View previous versions

Jan 03, 2016 at 02:00 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A little C&C wanted

Welcome, Mac! I'm sure some of the other Flickr users can help you out with linking. Another option is to pick up an Upload & Sell membership here, which makes uploading stuff reaaaaaaaaaaaally simple. Linking from other sites *should* be pretty simple too though.

1 - It's got a great feel to it. Love the blue look which works great with the frozen scene. There MIGHT be some CCW tilt, but that could me my eyes playing with me. What really throws me out of the shot is that playground set. Maybe if it were more rustic, or even wooden I think it would be more fitting. But that multicolored plastic just really clashes with the surrounding beauty IMO.

2 - With an image such as this you really want play up the lines and textures. To me, this screams b&w conversion. Shot looks a bit overexposed and I would definitely apply some judicious sharpening and contrast. Perhaps lose a bit off the bottom?

Cheers!

Jeff

Jan 03, 2016 at 02:58 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A little C&C wanted

I kind of liked the swing-set in #1. Nicely done. f5.6 seems a little fast for a landscape photo but everything looks pretty sharp to me.

If you can identify the actual URL to the picture and not just flickr's link to the photo, you can just put it in the body of your post and it will show up. Seems to be a recent improvement around here.

Jan 08, 2016 at 01:47 PM
Melor
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A little C&C wanted

I am not sure what to look at in the first one. The focus is nice on the near piece of rope but drops signficiantly on the rest of the image. Using focus to drive the subject is great, but what is the compelling image here??

I enjoyed looking at the second image, but wonder if the muted colors everwhere except the play set would be better enjoyed without the distraction of the brighter colors in the one area of the image. The cold, lonely unoccupied table in the center of the image seems to be the central subject of the image. It works with the rest of the image save the toys. I bet a square crop with the table around 2/3s of the way to the right of the frame would look good. It would present the bench as a stronger subject and eliminate the color confusion of the play set.

Paul

Jan 15, 2016 at 01:48 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.