New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Headshot photography

Mark_L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Headshot photography

I’m interested in hearing people’s experiences in this area.

I have a full time office job but also shoot weddings but the weekend working, stress and long days are hard going so I’m looking to add something else. In this day and age I think diversification as a photographer is a safer thing too.

I live in right in the film industry region (Star Wars, Harry Potter, James Bond etc. done here) and in quick reach of London so I thinking of branching out into doing headshots. I’ve recently done some of drama students applying to acting schools and it was nice simple work. I’m not totally up to speed with what their agencies would want these days though.

In my area there are also lots of sole-trader type businesses who all need pictures for IG, FB, website, blogs etc. so this may also be a good market especially if I also go beyond a simple headshot and get shots of them doing their trade. I did some shots in the summer of a triathlete running and on her bike in the summer which was fun, I’ve also done shots for a cake decorator.

I’ll probably shy away from corporate headshots but the majority people on my linkedin have their own professional pictures now and it is pretty much mandatory for recruitment agents.

I imagine for actors it is still studio they want which I can do from home but I’d rather do more location work which seems to be more in vogue these days.

Dec 21, 2015 at 08:17 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.