Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

Jorge Torralba
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

I got scammed years ago for 7k on ebay for a canon 1ds something ... don't remember exact model. It took 1 year before the FBI put the dots together with other similar scams. In the end, thee scammer sent me back the money and others as well. Some kind of deal I guess. but it was over a year.

Dec 28, 2015 at 01:12 PM
scottiet
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

Also beware of "AngeMansed".

Tried to scam me just before Chrsitmas.

Dec 28, 2015 at 01:42 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

Imagemaster wrote:
One must not only look at the number of feedbacks, but also the dollar amount of them.

It is a common eBay scam for someone to buy or sell up to 100 items that are only about $1 or $2 each. They now have set the bait of 100 positive feedbacks, and now they try to reel in a sucker by listing a thousand dollar item.

eBay is a joke. I listed my Nikon 80-400 G there and this morning I saw someone with ZERO feedback listing a 80-400 there with the exact pictures I have, down to the serial number on the warranty card, using the text I used in Craiglist. He is attracting 17 bidder so far. I reported the item to ebay online first and just called them to tell them this guy is committing a fraud.

The eBay rep asked me to fill out a form to report copy right infringement because I said the person was using my lens' pictures, I told him if he cared I could give him the item number. Anyone with half of a brain would know the guy is committing a fraud. I told him it's not me who would be the sucker who is buying the lens, I just didn't want the scum bag to steal money from people. The ebay guy didn't care, he kept asking me to fill out a form he was going to send me. I told him I wasn't going to bother to fill out a form, I did all I could to prevent a fraud by calling them and reporting online. He didn't listen, I hanged up the phone.

Dec 31, 2015 at 10:32 AM
tntcorp
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

with all due respect but you can omit the 1st sentence and still remain sympathetic.

anthonysemone wrote:
I cannot believe the stupidity of some folks on this forum. While I hope the buyer gets his $ back, if he doesn't, I'll bet he doesn't make that same mistake again. 😰😰

Jan 01, 2016 at 02:02 AM
mancheta
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

After 10 days waiting for Paypal do give the seller a chance to respond, I have been refunded ALL of the payment.

Jan 06, 2016 at 02:46 PM
amirhmy

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

excellent

Jan 06, 2016 at 02:52 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

mancheta wrote:
After 10 days waiting for Paypal do give the seller a chance to respond, I have been refunded ALL of the payment.

good to hear... money back and all the wiser. :-)

and a shout out for the posting of the scammer. the account is locked, but always stay vigilant. :-)

Jan 06, 2016 at 04:50 PM
1DXWannabe
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

Woohoo!!!! Tremendous news!!!! Mancheta 1, Scammer 0!!!!

Cheers, CARL

Jan 06, 2016 at 05:08 PM
pwschladen
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

mancheta wrote:

Excellent!

But I think he still deserves 10 yards of pig manure delivered to his driveway - or stinky fogs!

Let's crowd fund it!

Jan 06, 2016 at 05:45 PM
pokemanyz
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

mancheta wrote:

AND you got free candles!!!

Jan 07, 2016 at 07:02 AM
Stephaniespix
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

So glad you got your money back.

Jan 07, 2016 at 12:27 PM
Mexecutioner
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

I am glad you not only got your money back, but you got to keep the candles!!!

All joking aside, I am glad you got a quick resolution and got your money back. I suppose there will be a few D4s bodies for sale after this week announcements so you should be able to scoop one up.

Jan 07, 2016 at 04:33 PM
mancheta
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

Should I post the candles for sale? They are worth $4k

Jan 08, 2016 at 04:38 PM
bayarun

p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

I almost got scammed by this seller a couple weeks ago. I was contacted after I posted a WTB for a Fuji X-T1. The price seemed close to what others were paying, so I paid using PayPal. However, started second guessing my decision after seeing the items she got the feedback for. In addition, the owner of her PayPal email had no idea of any transaction with me. Opened a dispute with PayPal and all my money got refunded. Ironically I saw this thread (before mancheta received his candles) and thought if someone is buying a D4s from this person, they could be okay...

Lesson learnt

Jan 09, 2016 at 07:25 PM
ctm050969

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

Sorry to say I just had the same thing happen. I had posted a WTB for a Batis lens and someone contacted me. Seemed very nice. Sent me photos and advised they shipped item w/ a tracking number. They also had a join date of October 25th, 2015 but under user name laidlawpa (do NOT purchase anything from this person). I was sent a candle instead of the lens I paid for.

Currently have a paypal claim going.

Jan 20, 2016 at 04:05 PM
ctm050969

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

This scammer may have a 2nd account - laidlawpa I have informed Fred that it could be the same person because the exact same thing happened to me. Be on the lookout - especially people w/ WTB posts.

Jan 20, 2016 at 04:16 PM
Donzo98
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · FS: Mint Nikon D4s $4000(US model)

mancheta wrote:

and you have birthday candles too

You won!!

Jan 20, 2016 at 06:06 PM
       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.