end

Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

kdrk888
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #1 · p.22 #1 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

sullivanrp wrote:
that PITA is nothing compared to stacking those files yourself in photoshop
I know my post-production could use some refinement and more practice when focus stacking, but if I was shooting this style often enough and this device doesn't take too long to process the files while being used it would seem worth it.

Don't quote me on that but if I remember correctly, they said the shots will be stacked as more shots are being taken. In other words, it doesn't wait for the cameras to finish all the shots first before the merging process starts.

Nov 29, 2017 at 09:15 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.22 #2 · p.22 #2 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

kdrk888 wrote:
Don't quote me on that but if I remember correctly, they said the shots will be stacked as more shots are being taken. In other words, it doesn't wait for the cameras to finish all the shots first before the merging process starts.

That's correct. So it will be seamless. It's a pain to do this in Photoshop (slow even on fast machines)

Nov 29, 2017 at 09:18 PM
elimoss

Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #3 · p.22 #3 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

Fred, does it use JPEGs in the intermediary steps while stacking on the small device, or RAWs? I think with a full USB connection it could probably use RAWs, so that's cool

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:44 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.22 #4 · p.22 #4 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

I just saw this (through a link on DPReview) for a remote controller for Sony that includes focus stacking and timelapse. Faster transfer than through the Sony Remote by the look of it (which is pretty sluggish). I emailed them to verify an Android tablet will work, and if so will sign up for one.

http://www.cam-fi.com/en/camfi-pro/index.html

Dec 05, 2017 at 01:46 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.22 #5 · p.22 #5 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

mcbroomf wrote:
I just saw this (through a link on DPReview) for a remote controller for Sony that includes focus stacking and timelapse. Faster transfer than through the Sony Remote by the look of it (which is pretty sluggish). I emailed them to verify an Android tablet will work, and if so will sign up for one.

http://www.cam-fi.com/en/camfi-pro/index.html

I wish it supported image averaging as well. (just the SR app)

Dec 05, 2017 at 03:38 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.22 #6 · p.22 #6 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

Yes, easier if the app would do it.

I got confirmation that tablets work, but unfortunately not focus stacking for Sony.
"The focus stacking is not supported for Sony cameras. The Sony camera firmware do not provide the focus control feature. "

Dec 05, 2017 at 09:11 PM
Lynn Ross
• • • •
p.22 #7 · p.22 #7 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

Sorry for the stupid question but I'm wondering if I purchase a used Sony RX1rii today the apps aren't on it anymore? Or you can't buy them anymore?

Lynn

Dec 19, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

brafman
• •
p.22 #8 · p.22 #8 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

Lynn Ross wrote:
Sorry for the stupid question but I'm wondering if I purchase a used Sony RX1rii today the apps aren't on it anymore? Or you can't buy them anymore?

Lynn

You can still buy them for the cameras they work on. The apps have never been available on an A9 or A7riii, and that remains true today.

Dec 19, 2017 at 02:16 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.22 #9 · p.22 #9 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

You'd have no problems getting SR and Sky HDR onto a new RX1RII.
It's only the new cameras (A7RIII, A9 and A99) that don't support the apps.

Dec 19, 2017 at 02:16 AM
Lynn Ross
• • • •
p.22 #10 · p.22 #10 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

Ah! Cool
Thanks
Lynn

Dec 19, 2017 at 02:20 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.22 #11 · p.22 #11 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

First time playing with the SR app in earnest. Really quite useful in terms of increasing SNR and getting long exposure effects without the downside of increased noise!

ILCE-7RM2    FE 85mm F1.8 lens    85mm    f/11.0    1/10s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

35mm Zeiss ZM 1.4 with 5m PCX

ILCE-7RM2    ---- lens    1/2s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 25, 2017 at 06:47 PM
Luvwine
• • • •
p.22 #12 · p.22 #12 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

thrice wrote:
First time playing with the SR app in earnest. Really quite useful in terms of increasing SNR and getting long exposure effects without the downside of increased noise!

Especially with the excellent ZM 35 with front filter as adding filters without vignetting can be tricky. Lovely shots. The SR app works great though it works best in my experience between 8 and 64 shots. More than that it can start introducing some negative effects. I read an explanation as to why around here somewhere. Wish we had this functionality on the riii. I will keep an RII for this reason (and as a backup).

Dec 25, 2017 at 07:02 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.22 #13 · p.22 #13 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

I haven't tried the current SR app on either of the A7R2 or the RX100V but the focus bracketing works on both except is only does 3 images on the A7R2, but I have tried 10 images so far on the RX100V with excellent results mounted on my hiking stick as a monopod. When the rain and fog stops and the trails dry up somewhat I'll try some greater image counts. That is if the snow does not start.

Dec 26, 2017 at 08:53 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.22 #14 · p.22 #14 · Sky HDR and Smooth Reflection Apps

Luvwine wrote:
Especially with the excellent ZM 35 with front filter as adding filters without vignetting can be tricky. Lovely shots. The SR app works great though it works best in my experience between 8 and 64 shots. More than that it can start introducing some negative effects. I read an explanation as to why around here somewhere. Wish we had this functionality on the riii. I will keep an RII for this reason (and as a backup).

I have a CPL in front of the PCX in the second shot. My PCX is custom (48mm diameter, 1mm thickness) and sits inside very close to the front element and is retained with a 49-52mm step up ring. I'll post pics of it at some point.

Dec 28, 2017 at 08:17 PM
1       2       3              21      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              21      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password