Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

cctony1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

Thank you both for you feedback on RAFCamera. I'll ping him and see how he can help out.

Dec 19, 2015 at 06:33 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

Is it practical to put 135 lenses on a 645 bellow? The mag ratio will be huge, plus the IQ degrades a lot.

Dec 19, 2015 at 08:32 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

phuang3 wrote:
Is it practical to put 135 lenses on a 645 bellow? The mag ratio will be huge, plus the IQ degrades a lot.

For the same bellows extension (sensor to flange), the 135 lenses will produce the same image on a 645 bellows as on a "135" bellows.

The Mamiya 645 Auto Bellows N is particularly attractive because it has full movements on the front standard.

Dec 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM
cctony1

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

Just a follow up. RAFCamera said he could do a EOS-m645 adapter. He's waiting for some parts and potential adjustment to a design. Also, with the ability to drill a "blank" m65x1, a Copal 0 or Copal 1 thread can be drilled or a m42/m39/RMS. This would give lots of nice options for some of the "wider" LF lenses, enlarging lenses, maybe even microscope objectives, etc.

Dec 20, 2015 at 01:52 AM
cctony1

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

Thank you everyone for sharing their knowledge, I do appreciate it. I'm estimating it'll probably be a little over a month or almost two months before the adapters are made and shipped to me. Then it'll be off to experimenting with taking different types of photos.

Dec 20, 2015 at 01:56 AM
cctony1

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

jcolwell wrote:
Hi Tony,

I think the Mamiya 645 A 120/4 Macro is too big for use on the Mamiya Bellows N. I use my A 120/4 as a "straight up" 1:1 macro. I also have the C 80/4N Macro, which is a very nice 1:2 lens, but I don't use it on my Auto Bellows N either. The lenses that I most often use on the Auto Bellows N are: (i) Olympus Zuiko 135/4.5 MC Macro; (ii) Pentax SMC Bellows-Takumar 100/4; Mamiya 645 C 80/2.8 reversed; and, EL-Nikkor 50/2.8 enlg. lens. I also have a Spiratone Bellows Macrotar 35/3.5 enlg. lens that
...Show more

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the photos of your set up and the graph detailing the magnification power vs distance. Is that a specialized or generic Arca Swiss adapter for the bellows? Of the lenses you use for macro, which ones do you recommend that have high resolution and overall sharpness?

Dec 20, 2015 at 02:19 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Does a EOS-m645 adapter exist?

jcolwell wrote:
The Mamiya 645 Auto Bellows N is particularly attractive because it has full movements on the front standard.

Cool. I didn't notice about that. This bellow system could be an alternative to Sinar (well, sort of). Speaking of the bellow extension, I added a 7mm extension ring on my Mirex adapter with Miamiya 35mm N lens, the extra 7mm does make a huge difference. The minimum focus distance is greatly reduced. For practical reason, I think the bellow should work with 100mm+ lenses.

Dec 20, 2015 at 06:14 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.