New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Gitzo leveling base -- dumb question

flagg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gitzo leveling base -- dumb question

I just bought a used Gitzo leveling base model G1321. I think I see how to use the leveling feature, but I don't see what the knob near the top is for. It's attached to the head screw, and it travels in a slot about 3 inches long. As I said, it's a dumb question -- what does this knob do? Why a slot?

Dec 15, 2015 at 01:11 PM
mogud
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gitzo leveling base -- dumb question

Just Google gitzo G1321 youtube and somebody has probably posted a video review of this leveling base.

Edited on Dec 15, 2015 at 05:06 PM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2015 at 01:49 PM
Roland W
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gitzo leveling base -- dumb question

The use of the knob on the lever is to do a final tightening. With the lever in the "loose" position, you install what ever you want on the projecting threads to slightly tight, and then move the lever to finish the tightening. It works pretty well for that use, holding the ball head or what ever on very firmly.

Dec 15, 2015 at 02:08 PM
flagg
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gitzo leveling base -- dumb question

Roland W wrote:
The use of the knob on the lever is to do a final tightening. With the lever in the "loose" position, you install what ever you want on the projecting threads to slightly tight, and then move the lever to finish the tightening. It works pretty well for that use, holding the ball head or what ever on very firmly.

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks so much.

Dec 15, 2015 at 02:30 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.