Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2015 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

ahaug
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

So, I have a happy bride. I shot 1750 pictures and delivered about 550. She is asking to see all the images to see if she would like any of the other ones to keep. I've never had this request before. I really don't care if I show her the rest of the images. I do feel that I did my job and that if she wants more edited pictures that I should charge more for the further editing. I'm conflicted. It would be more work and I feel that this wedding should be tied up. On the other hand ... don't want to be stingy. Should I bite my lip and just do it or explain that there might be for charges for more work? Thanks in advance. Here is a link to the gallery if that helps.

http://www.valandandy.com/p883059276

And the wedding was a package of 1k for a disc and 10 page album from finao

Dec 10, 2015 at 05:55 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

What does your contract state?
If you do not have specific verbiage in your contract stating that you pick the final photos and that is that then basically all you can do is play hardball with her.
Explain to her why you do not show all the photos and that anything worth keeping is sent. She booked you for your expertise and you are giving her "your expertise" when selecting photos etc.

I under no circumstances would show anyone anything besides what I picked myself.
If someone asks for a specific shot that I perhaps culled out or a different angle...sure fine I can go back and look with no guarantees...but all of them? Not a chance.

Dec 10, 2015 at 05:58 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

What dougie said.

-mark

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:12 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

ahaug wrote:
And the wedding was a package of 1k for a disc and 10 page album from finao

this is the part that I like the most lol

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:13 PM
DONIV
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

when you go to a fancy restaurant, does the chef give you the guts and bones or just the juicy breasts?

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:14 PM
MattGruber
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

We all have gotten this at some point. They (usually) don't mean any harm when they ask, but it can still be agonizing.

What Doug said is the best advice, in my opinion.

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:18 PM
ahaug
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

Thanks for the advice. I'll look at the contract again. She is a paralegal.

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:28 PM
ahaug
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

sgtbueno wrote:
this is the part that I like the most lol

We all have to start somewhere

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:29 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

My contract addresses this particular issue, so I simply reiterate when this question comes up that we have spent a lot of time selecting the images to remove test shots, blinkers and unflattering images. We do not shoot obscene moments and things for a funny 'outtake reel' which is generally the type of request we get, wanting photos of their crazy drunk friends. If it's actually funny or something we'll deliver it, otherwise it goes byebye because I'm not a drunk clubbing photographer, I am a wedding photographer.

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:33 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

DONIV wrote:
when you go to a fancy restaurant, does the chef give you the guts and bones or just the juicy breasts?

I'm sure if you go to the owner and flash $500, they'd find a way to accommodate.

On a go forward basis, we'll be selling "all the photos" for an additional $500. But we note that these are nothing more than duplicate shots that they already have and are completely unedited.

We'll take anyone's money if they're giving it away.

Dec 10, 2015 at 06:52 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

I take the images I am going to provide the bride having renumbered them so they are a complete set for all intents and purposes. It takes time to select and adjust the RAW files and I am not going to do that on each and every image.

My contract states an up to xxx image files at 2400 x 3000 resolution and in JPEG format - adequate for 8x10 prints at Costco - will be delivered on a DVD.

Important to be specific in your contract in terms of deliverables or the work products and then stick to that agreement. Otherwise you will be doing additional work for free.

Dec 10, 2015 at 07:46 PM
Oscarsmadness
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

ahaug wrote:
She is a paralegal.

Uh-oh!

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:47 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

I have never had a problem showing all the images i took straight from the camera.
so much so I have included or sold them for years.

I would of course edit out bloopers like closed eyes or shots of my feet but other than that, I just don't get what the big deal is or what people shoot that is so horrendous they feel it would destroy their reputation or whatever insecurity they have.

Dec 11, 2015 at 04:30 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

There are different schools of thoughts on delivering SOOC files.

Some believe it's the worse sin you could do, others don't care, others base their entire business model on that.

A SOOC file is definitely not the best a photo can be. To me it'd be like a professional baker sold me a baked cake but with no topping, glazing or decoration.

It might be fluffy and perfectly moist but it is an incomplete expression of what could be so much more delicious.

Dec 11, 2015 at 07:42 AM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

There's an easy money making opportunity here and a lot of people are letting emotion get in the way.

Same argument with not selling the RAWs. Totally based on fear.

Dec 11, 2015 at 08:10 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

I wouldn't even mind selling raw footage or images but I'd definitely add a clause to the contract that the raw footage cannot be shared online and can't be used to create new material that will be publicized in any way unless authorized by us.

Gotta protect your brand. A colleague once saw his photos with his logo on it pop on Facebook with gorgeous HD spot color effects applied. Turns out the client had done them, thinking it enhanced the images.

Lots of couples have been asking us for the raw video footage and we started selling it for those who wanted it.

Edited on Dec 11, 2015 at 08:14 AM · View previous versions

Dec 11, 2015 at 08:13 AM
WiredMike
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

Show her a few unedited shots that show every wrinkle and blemish that you did not take the time to edit out. Maybe that will keep her quiet?
Lets face it, many women out there today do not want to see the truth that a camera can and will show.
Heck I dont even like looking into a well lit mirror and Im a guy... sexy beast that I am even...

Dec 11, 2015 at 08:14 AM
Jason Ferber

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

FrancisK7 wrote:
Gotta protect your brand. A colleague once saw his photos with his logo on it pop on Facebook with gorgeous HD spot color effects applied. Turns out the client had done them, thinking it enhanced the images.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I have to ask. How did your colleague handle that situation?

Dec 11, 2015 at 09:26 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

Daniel Griffiths (AUS) gives them everything — including blinkers. He's got 34,000 fans on FB so he's going something right.

Dec 11, 2015 at 09:42 AM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · bride requesting to see all pics help?

You really can't give these people the option of having all of the images. Imagine giving them to her and now she wants 200+ photos edited that to you are basically just duplicates of images already delivered. It's that mentality of "if it's free I'll take it" even if they don't need it. It just makes more work for you.

How did she even know there were more photos?

Dec 11, 2015 at 09:46 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.