Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

pette87
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

Hi everybody..i just need someone who could help me to build my site with prophoto.
i'm no good at all with wordpress and related stuff..so i just need someone who has couple of hours free to spend with me. I need a very very simple design..nothing complicated, i promise.
thanks in advance to anyone

Dec 07, 2015 at 06:14 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

I mean this in a genuinely constructive and helpful way, but go to their site and look up their tutorials. Read them, learn it. It'll pay to learn this basic stuff yourself rather than have someone do it for you. It's really simple and they've put all the info on their site for you. If you get stuck, contact them directly, as their support team and rated extremely well.

Seriously, just go now and start at the beginning with the tutorials. Look for the specific thing you want to learn about. If you can't find it, ask them.

If you haven't even installed it yet, good news, they'll do that for you as well.

Dec 07, 2015 at 06:19 AM
pette87
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

i saw videos, tutorials and stuff.
i really struggle with that kind of things.

Dec 07, 2015 at 06:27 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

pette87 wrote:
i saw videos, tutorials and stuff.
i really struggle with that kind of things.

What are you struggling with specifically? At what stage are you at? If you're specific, maybe someone can help.

I think you'll find people willing to help you on here but it does come across as a bit lazy, to sit back and ask people to do everything for you, more or less. Most people on here either pay $$$$ people to do this or spend hours educating themselves on how to design a website. So you basically pay, or you use the various learning tools to DIY. It seems you've bought a DIY platform and then you're asking people to do-it-for-you... know what I mean? If the tutorials, videos, and CS isn't fruitful for you with prophoto, then this may be difficult, but you might have to admit defeat and ask for a refund (which they'll give you).

Dec 07, 2015 at 08:26 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

pette87 wrote:
Hi everybody..i just need someone who could help me to build my site with prophoto.
i'm no good at all with wordpress and related stuff..so i just need someone who has couple of hours free to spend with me. I need a very very simple design..nothing complicated, i promise.
thanks in advance to anyone

I'm a little confused at what you are asking. If you bought a ProPhoto blog template then there is really nothing to design it is simply a matter of customizing (colors, fonts, etc) it to your liking. They (ProPhoto) provides some of the best customer support of any product/service in the world. They are really helpful and just about everything can be found on their website. Through either written instructions or videos.

Dec 07, 2015 at 09:32 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

Provide what step of the process you are at:

1) Purchased Prophoto blog. Not installed on a word press blog.
2) Purchased Prophoto blog and it is installed on a word press blog.
3) Purchased a Prophoto blog, it is installed on a word press blog + you purchased a theme.

If #2, prophoto as some existing designs you can use. Just use the word press dashboard and maneuver to the Prophoto section to customize.

If you wanted a full hands off approach ... you need to pony up some money to somebody.
You could do a trade of services in your area also.

-Mark

Dec 07, 2015 at 12:58 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

Buy a template. Make adjustments. Done.

Dec 07, 2015 at 02:39 PM
pette87
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

Ziffl3 wrote:
Provide what step of the process you are at:

1) Purchased Prophoto blog. Not installed on a word press blog.
2) Purchased Prophoto blog and it is installed on a word press blog.
3) Purchased a Prophoto blog, it is installed on a word press blog + you purchased a theme.

If #2, prophoto as some existing designs you can use. Just use the word press dashboard and maneuver to the Prophoto section to customize.

If you wanted a full hands off approach ... you need to pony up some money to somebody.
You could do a trade of services in your area also.

-Mark

Purchased prophoto. installed on a pw blog. tried. tried and tried. nothing came out.
i heard aboud an alternative to prophoto..don't remember the name..

Dec 08, 2015 at 10:18 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

So what are you saying? Was the install successful?

Do you have prophoto within your wordpress admin area?

Dec 08, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

pette87 wrote:
Purchased prophoto. installed on a pw blog. tried. tried and tried. nothing came out.
i heard aboud an alternative to prophoto..don't remember the name..

The installed prophoto ...is it working? meaning there should be a default view coming up on the web.
Can you go see something on the web?

-Mark

Dec 08, 2015 at 10:39 AM
pette87
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

Ziffl3 wrote:
The installed prophoto ...is it working? meaning there should be a default view coming up on the web.
Can you go see something on the web?

-Mark

yes it's working. i have problem setting up all the stuff. i need a very very simple site..but i can't figure out how to customize PP.

Dec 08, 2015 at 11:20 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

pette87, I would find someone local who can be in the room with you while you design. Hopefully someone who's got a little SEO experience so they can help you strategized your site in that regard.

Dec 08, 2015 at 11:55 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · can somebody give me help with prophoto?

forget SEO for now....

And the reason you purchased a prophoto site is because why?
it was cheap?
Remember prophoto is integrated into a word press blog.
So you have to work through the blog interface to get to the prophoto section.

Even if you purchase a theme... you will need to customize with your own logo, pages, etc.

At some point you will need to learn how to work with the web ... a website, blog site.
Unless you work for a photo bus with multiple shooters or a venue that provides all the sales for you, you will need to understand some basic web skills.

Prophoto has really good tutorials.
Even I sent an e-mail about a specific item and had quick turn around.

I am thinking you should have just purchased a website from creative motion design.

If this is all frustrating.... get a return for your money...drop the prophoto and go with CMD (custom motion design - one example).
This is a true website. They offer a blog if you want to use.

what every you do... remember to make sure the website has a separate section to customize for mobile users.
I tend to look at companies that cater to the photographer world. thats just me though.

-Mark

Dec 08, 2015 at 01:28 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.