Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Mono Morning

brockslinger
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mono Morning

Hi Everyone -

I'm new the the forum and have really been enjoying everyone's work here for the past week or so and thought it's about time I joined in. This seems like a great community with many extremely talented photographers and I hope I am able to learn from you all and improve with my hobby.

These first two images are very strong in colour as this was one of the most brilliant sunrises I have ever witnessed and it being my first trip to Mono Lake made it even better! Having been back there a couple of times now I really wish I would have moved around and utilized different compositions but I guess that is how we learn. Anyways, any and all C&C is readily welcomed.

Dec 04, 2015 at 09:52 PM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mono Morning

Welcome to 'Landscape Photographer' That looks like it was a sweet sunset, nice job capturing it. Both shots are nice compositions. I like the processing of the second much better, leaving the shadows in shadow makes the overall scene, including the sunset colors, much more realistic and compelling.

Heron

Dec 04, 2015 at 10:43 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mono Morning

Both are special, nice work.

Dec 05, 2015 at 05:59 AM
brockslinger
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mono Morning

Heron - Thanks for the feedback! I agree that the shadows do help in the second image. I tried to get that same feeling in the first exposure but I wasn't able to get it right. Enjoy the weekend!

Dec 05, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mono Morning

#2 for me

Dec 05, 2015 at 08:09 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.