New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sony RX1/RX1R grip

kopuschenfredm

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sony RX1/RX1R grip

I just got a 2nd hand RX1 and developing a "bond" with the camera. I think it has some of the best usability after some configuration (I especially love the AF/MF switch which sadly my other Canon/Contax combo can't replicate).

Anyway, I love the form factor of RX1 and don't want to add extra dimension via a leather case or all-around grip. I saw this 3D print extra grip but have no idea how good quality it is in real life. Anyone tried it before?

http://www.shapeways.com/product/ZSSD5E2K6/stellated-grip-for-sony-rx1-rx1r?li=more-from-shop&optionId=56340003

Dec 02, 2015 at 09:07 PM
taran
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sony RX1/RX1R grip

The best grip is the fotodiox pro, imho, but I have only tried the eBay options from Korea and Hong Kong... leather cases, grips and such.

The fotodiox is solid metal and I get tons of complements.

Dec 03, 2015 at 12:25 PM
kopuschenfredm

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sony RX1/RX1R grip

Thanks Taran, I too was considering it. I was looking for a smaller solution but can't find anything else....

Dec 03, 2015 at 12:35 PM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sony RX1/RX1R grip

Try addin a thumb grip as well. Often times the simple act of adding a thumb grip can make all the difference in the world. When I had the x100, it wasn't comfortable at all to hold but adding a thumb grip changed all that.

Dec 03, 2015 at 12:40 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.