http://i.imgur.com/aFgB2VR.jpg

Dec 02, 2015 at 08:34 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Strawberry splash

Nice timing on the capture.

A few things catch my eye.

The key / fill lighting looked to be of different colors, so you get a mixture of warm / cool areas influencing the neutrals of the milk.
Looks a bit flat, so I added some gamma / USM
Cloned out some spots ... some looked like sensor dust some looked like droplets, but selective grooming to taste. Also, looks like some dirt kicked loose on impact, a little more housekeeping with the heal brush.

Dec 02, 2015 at 09:29 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Strawberry splash

The smaller size also helps I had to look at Kents before I saw the entire image at once. Kent, you have a pretty good edit, but there is a halo around the leaf and the berry is pretty gritty. Maybe too much USM?

Dec 02, 2015 at 10:11 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Strawberry splash

First off, Welcome to the PC forum! Much goodness can be learned from the folks here.

Overall I really like this shot. Great timing and very nice focus. My eyes did not pick-up on the color issues Kent pointed out but then again, I can't see color issues very well.

Your image size is way to large to make this an enjoyable viewing. It doesn't fit completely in my monitor and I have to pan left to right and back to try and see the entire image. Thankfully Kent's rework allows us to see the complete image.

+1 @ Kent's suggestions and comments. My only other nit is the composition. My eyes really want to see the entire splash on the right side. This leads my eyes out to the far right edge and away from the main subject.

But again, overall I really like this shot. Nice job and look forward to seeing more of your work!

Dave

Dec 02, 2015 at 10:19 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Strawberry splash

ben egbert wrote:
The smaller size also helps I had to look at Kents before I saw the entire image at once. Kent, you have a pretty good edit, but there is a halo around the leaf and the berry is pretty gritty. Maybe too much USM?

Yeah ... USM for large before resize ... my bad, but you get the gist.

+1 @ Welcome to the PC forum.

Dec 02, 2015 at 10:20 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Strawberry splash

Great idea.
To my eye, the reds are a bit too hot and the milk a bit too starkly white overall.
Love the splash/quick shutter speed.

Welcome.

Scott

Dec 02, 2015 at 08:47 PM
Wahba47

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Strawberry splash

Lovely, thanks to hear the criticisms!

I just now noticed the huge file size...sorry about that! I uploaded the image via mobile through my dropbox so that was silly.

Thanks for the critique. Interested how you edited the original? Gamma/HSM is new to me. Would love to hear how you did that, adds nice depth to the image. I'm hoping no sensor dust as the D750 shot with is nearly brand new!

Dec 03, 2015 at 01:21 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.