New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Abandoned in Washington

viczig
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Abandoned in Washington

Took this on a recent trip to the Pacific Northwest.

Dec 02, 2015 at 08:23 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Abandoned in Washington

Sometimes, during a conversion, certain tones can get blown creating too much white. Maybe it was the red channel here with the white leaves. I would suggest reprocessing to darken the appropriate channel in the conversion. Right now, I think the whites are too much. Perhaps it would be better in color as the color of the truck might serve to focus the eye.

Dec 02, 2015 at 09:06 PM
viczig
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Abandoned in Washington

Brev00 wrote:
Sometimes, during a conversion, certain tones can get blown creating too much white. Maybe it was the red channel here with the white leaves. I would suggest reprocessing to darken the appropriate channel in the conversion. Right now, I think the whites are too much. Perhaps it would be better in color as the color of the truck might serve to focus the eye.

Thanks for looking and for the comments. Its the yellow channel on this particular image thats causing the lighter leaf tones, I wouldn't characterize them as "blown". When I processed this in Lightroom toning down the yellows resulted in a loss in variation in tones on the truck itself, I prefer to have the varying tones on the truck and live with the lighter leaves. Yes its better in color but I thought it would make an interesting B&W.

Dec 03, 2015 at 01:03 PM
Blakemore
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Abandoned in Washington

I'm not familiar with Lightroom at all (only because I'm an old Photoshop user, and old people have a hard time changing their ways) but if you can use layers in LR, maybe try processing one with muted tones on the foliage, and then a top layer like you have it here. Next, just mask the top layer and paint over the brighter leaves with varying levels of opacity until it's just muted enough to make the truck pop.

I used this method with this set here...
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1401114/0#13314464

Just a suggestion

Dec 03, 2015 at 02:06 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.