New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

esanchez
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

So I'm wondering if its possible to user focus magnifier and have IBIS kick in at the same time. When using long glass like 150mm and longer and you focus magnify the image is very shaky. Is there a way to have IBIS kick in to be able to focus correctly or is that not possible on the A7 II? Is there a certain setting or key assignment that would allow that? This is only for photos and not video..

Dec 01, 2015 at 08:03 PM
ytwong
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

I am quite sure IBIS works when I use manual lens.... maybe because I was half-pressing shutter button?

Dec 02, 2015 at 03:05 AM
esanchez
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

I just figured it out by playing with the settings. If you enter the correct focal length it works just fine. I had it set to 55mm and was using a 150mm lens. As soon as I enter 150mm BAM!!!! IBIS took care of the shake and I can shoot at 1/25 @ 150mm F4 nice and sharp.....I'm just learning the camera. Sorry.

Dec 02, 2015 at 03:13 AM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

Yeah, that sounds right. I couldn't replicate what you were seeing. Focal length really matters.

Dec 02, 2015 at 03:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

PEKA62
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

What settings do you use for manual, old zooms ?
Set FL to the long end or better to the short end or in between? Any experience to share?

Dec 02, 2015 at 09:24 AM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

PEKA62 wrote:
What settings do you use for manual, old zooms ?
Set FL to the long end or better to the short end or in between? Any experience to share?

I set it to the FL I'm using on the zoom lens. Why not? No different to switching from one prime to another.

To make it easier I've mapped a custom button to the FL menu so one press and a scroll and I'm on the new FL

Dec 02, 2015 at 12:20 PM
Mike Ganz
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

Maybe someone can help me with the SteadyShot settings. I currently have C1 set to "Steady Shot/Focal Length". In the camera's menu settings, I have SteadyShot set to on, and SteadyShotSettings left blank. Is this correct? Or do I need to turn SteadyShot in the menu to OFF? The manual is a little weak in this regard. Thanks.

Dec 06, 2015 at 12:27 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · steady shot IBIS with manual glass...A7 II

Just leave it on. It is pretty automatic, if you have a focal length set. For example, If I switch from my Sony 55/1.8 to my Minolta AF 28-135 on the la-ea4, and then to my MF Minolta 58/1.2, it will automatically adjust. Because the manual length is set for 55mm and SS is on internally. Now, if I have to switch to a MF 135/2.8, I need to manually change the focal length. That's it.

Dec 06, 2015 at 02:11 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password