New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Buy & Sell Bots?

mustafa604
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Buy & Sell Bots?

This is my second time buying a membership for this site so i can sell stuff or trade stuff.
Both times it has failed me i feel like its like bots or something. cause it does not make sense i post a macbook pro which does not sell and other posts it sells right away? Please help me understand this am i doing something wrong? or is this site dying or something? cause it seems active 2 me.

Dec 01, 2015 at 01:45 AM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Buy & Sell Bots?

I've sold stuff on here it takes time sometimes depending on the item. Also feedback for a lot of people is a MAJOR thing here. If you have feedback references from other sites that helps a lot if you have low seller feedback here.

Dec 01, 2015 at 07:38 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Buy & Sell Bots?

I haven't bought on the buy & sell for a while but I will say I do not buy from a member who's only posting history is on the buy and sell board. Or a member who (in another thread) calls participants "customers."

Dec 01, 2015 at 08:53 AM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Posting here primarily for the B&S doesn't help. References, especially for high ticket items. Punctuation and correct sentence structure also helps. And, probably most important, detailed photos and descriptions of the items for sale.

Dec 01, 2015 at 09:03 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Have you analyzed the "why's" others sell and yours doesn't? Were all things equal as far as the listed "FS" items? If so then obviously there are other factors.

Dec 01, 2015 at 02:17 PM
mustafa604
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Etherton wrote:
Posting here primarily for the B&S doesn't help. References, especially for high ticket items. Punctuation and correct sentence structure also helps. And, probably most important, detailed photos and descriptions of the items for sale.

Yeah maybe some peoples language is not english

Dec 01, 2015 at 04:56 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Buy & Sell Bots?

mustafa604 wrote:

Forum posts and replies are informal. Language defects are to be expected if one's command of English is imperfect.

But with reference to selling, if I were going to sell items in Germany, for example, I would either learn German, hire someone to write my ad, or have an associate or friend write/edit the text for me (the latter being the best option for low volume sellers).

Dec 01, 2015 at 05:30 PM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Buy & Sell Bots?

mustafa604 wrote:

Quite understandable. You asked why you were having difficulty selling and I posted a few possible reasons. That said, If an ad reads like a reply I normally get off of Craigslist I'll pass, no matter how good the deal is. I'm not looking to offend anyone - just trying to help. Hope I have.

Dec 01, 2015 at 05:42 PM
pmbpro

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Were any items you saw that were selling faster, being sold and bought by U.S. members?

I only ask this because another possible factor could be that the majority of the members here appear to be from the U.S., and I see that you are in Canada (as I am too). It can be out of convenience or personal preference for them to only deal with domestic sellers (not dealing with customs, skittish of international transactions, etc).

I'm not a seller, but I have bought from both Canadian and U.S. members (not from the U.S. in a good while due to our lousy dollar though).

Some members may just prefer domestic transactions (on top of the other points mentioned in this thread).

Dec 01, 2015 at 05:47 PM
mustafa604
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Buy & Sell Bots?

pmbpro wrote:
Were any items you saw that were selling faster, being sold and bought by U.S. members?

I only ask this because another possible factor could be that the majority of the members here appear to be from the U.S., and I see that you are in Canada (as I am too). It can be out of convenience or personal preference for them to only deal with domestic sellers (not dealing with customs, skittish of international transactions, etc).

I'm not a seller, but I have bought from both Canadian and U.S. members (not from the U.S. in a good while due to
...Show more

Good Point, Yeah im in canada the ones that got sold was in the usa, Oh well i wont renew the buy and sell again lol.

Dec 01, 2015 at 05:54 PM
pmbpro

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Okay, yeah, I'd suspected it would be the case of U.S to U.S. transactions.

I didn't actually see your listing(s) before I saw this thread, so you may have done this already, but if not...

Perhaps to attract Canadian members, you can place "(CAN)" in the subject/thread title, so they'll know that it's a Canadian seller? That has helped me find fellow Canadians faster before even clicking on links.

Just a suggestion just in case you want to ever try again.

Dec 01, 2015 at 06:00 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Most languages have punctuation and capitalization. Run on sentences with no capitalization imply laziness or sloppiness. They are not positive characteristics of anyone I'd conduct business with.

EBH

Dec 01, 2015 at 09:30 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Buy & Sell Bots?

mustafa604 wrote:
Good Point, Yeah im in canada the ones that got sold was in the usa, Oh well i wont renew the buy and sell again lol.

I have been on FM for 12 years and have successfully sold to my neighbors up North and bought from them also with no problems..and will do so again. Yes it is a frustrating hassle at times because of Customs and such but it is the price of doing business outside the CONUS.
Dan
You still need to look at my initial question and see what the answers are. If it is 100% USA to USA then move on. "pmbpro" has solid advice.

Dec 02, 2015 at 08:10 AM
GRM
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Nothing against Canadians but imagine the return hassle if the item is not as expected. Custom forms, extra fees for shipping across the border. I always choose US sellers even if the price is slightly higher.
But that's just me.

Dec 02, 2015 at 05:16 PM
WiredMike
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Buy & Sell Bots?

Have to agree with what others have posted about US/Canada transactions.
Several times am item has popped up from Canada and I pass on it.
Partially due to ignorance to what it takes to actually complete a transaction via a the border.
Feedback and member length is also a big factor. But even with that being said. I recently made my largest transaction here to a member that joined specifically to buy my item as she had heard about it from another member.
With the simplicity and availability of information I was able to identify and locate said member quickly. A few comms back and forth and this led to a successful transaction.
OK I forget where I was going with all this. Time for more coffee.

Dec 04, 2015 at 07:16 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.