New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sigma Lens Collar

Solanum

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma Lens Collar

Hello fellow camera nerds!

So after months and months of waiting, my Sigma 100-300 f4 is here! My friend who was supposed to deliver it when she next came to Washington forgot it. Twice .

Thankfully it was well worth the wait, this lens is perfect in just about every way but one. The lens collar is kind of rinky dink for such a large, heavy lens. I am genuinely uncomfortable attaching a strap to my camera body and calling it good. Apparently if you go that route, you can literally feel flexing between the lens and the body. This is apparently a common problem, and Sigma used to make a replacement lens collar called the TS-41. This was larger, sturdier, had an oversized foot/L bracket with finger grooves and a place to attach a camera strap. Unfortunately it's no longer being produced, and the only one I was able to find online was being sold for $200... Which happens to be about what I paid for the lens, so it's not going to happen.

My question is this: is there another replacement lens collar that will fit this particular lens, has a big enough L bracket for me to hold on to (finger grooves being completely unnecessary, but not undesirable), and a means of attaching a strap to it? Ideally I would love to find one in the $100 or less range, though I don't know how realistic that expectatioin is, camera prices being what they are. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am still a rank amateur, and will take all the help I can get!

Nov 29, 2015 at 04:52 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.