Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Olympus SW - Unable to load Viewer...Updater fails to connect to server....

iJeffG
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Olympus SW - Unable to load Viewer...Updater fails to connect to server...Win 10

Strike one for Olympus. I'm buying into the u4/3 system (EM-1) for travel because the Nikon stuff is just t dang heavy for Costa Rica adventures...

So far, loving the EM-1...but

1) Could not get CD to install viewer...try the download version, and it too fails. So, I can't get the Viewer app to work, so I had to update Lightroom from 4.1 to 6.1 so I can work with the raw files
2) Now, firmware 4.0 is available...but Camera Uploader installs with Viewer, so I don't have it. Found it on the website, downloaded the installer...seems to work. Updater finds the camera, but fails to connect to a server...every single time.

I've searched forums for an hour...stuff comes up from 20112, 2013, 2014...but not one of them seems to post a solution.

Can anyone help? I have a homebuilt PC, Gigabyte motherboard, all name-brand components...everything else works fine. Running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Was really hoping for a wonderful experience with this camera...but I've wasted more hours trying to update than I ever wasted connecting with my Nikon...including firmware updates. Uuughhh

Nov 28, 2015 at 04:58 PM
nma
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Olympus SW - Unable to load Viewer...Updater fails to connect to server...Win 10

I am running Win 7. I had no problem with the updater or the update. Is your USB connection directly on the computer rather than a hub?

Don't let this defeat you and spoil your experience

Nov 28, 2015 at 05:44 PM
bjornthun
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Olympus SW - Unable to load Viewer...Updater fails to connect to server...Win 10

Are you running a firewall? Try disabling the firewall before running the Camera Updater software.

Connect the camera directly into the computer and not through a hub, as nma said.

Nov 28, 2015 at 08:27 PM
iJeffG
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Olympus SW - Unable to load Viewer...Updater fails to connect to server...Win 10

I've connected directly to the USB on the front of my tower...it has no problems finding the camera.

I have AVG turned off, Windows defender is also disabled...so no firewall SW

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:41 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Olympus SW - Unable to load Viewer...Updater fails to connect to server...Win 10

I've also had problem in the past with updates that stalled. Luckily I have several PCs and found one that worked (3rd one I think). Any chance you can try a different PC? With an EM5, EM1 and 2 lenses I've just finished 5 updates (the EM5 had to be done in 2 bites).

Nov 29, 2015 at 03:13 PM
iJeffG
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Olympus SW - Unable to load Viewer...Updater fails to connect to server...Win 10

Well, I got it to work...by borrowing my daughter's Macbook

Thanks for the input guys...judging by your responses, and what I've seen in other forums...its trial and error when something goes wrong.

Nov 29, 2015 at 07:36 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.