Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sold: Capture Camera Clip Pro Pad

BPochman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Capture Camera Clip Pro Pad

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Peak Design Capture Camera Clip v2 with Pro Pad Custom Strap Mint

Sold

Price: $50.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: Price NET to me (of priority mail shipping and paypal fee)

I bought the Capture Camera Clip v2 and Pro Pad to use with my Canon SL1 to try carrying it on my belt while I was doing other things - but needed my camera for occasional shots. The clip and pad worked as described, and it was handy - but since I had a small flash on the camera as well, it tended to bang into things when I forgot it was there and turned around in close quarters.

I wound up cutting up a camera bag (removing the top) and carrying the camera at belt level in the middle of my back, so that when it banged into something the bag sides protected the camera/lens/flash - and the open top made it easy to get out or put in (after swinging the bag to the front). As such, I don't need the Capture Camera Clip and pad.

I also made what turned out to be a handy extra - mostly to try to solve the problem described above. I did not like attaching the clamp to my belt at a fixed spot as it made it awkward to get at the camera (I had other stuff on the belt, as well.)

By attaching a 3/4" nylon strap directly to the clamp (there are slits for that purpose, and the strap is easily removed) it let me position the clipped in rig anywhere I wanted to carry it - and then swing it to the front to un-clip or clip-in. It also provides support (when used with the pad) for much heavier cameras.

The boxes for both items and instructions are included, along with a soft pouch for the camera clip. There is also a set of longer screws to use the pad with thicker material. You can also buy another arca compatible plate to use the system with 2 cameras without switching the plates (standard arca plates will not work with the camera clip.

Final details can be worked out via PM, which I prefer because of the way my email program handles the regular ones without date/time info. I'm retired and around home most of the time, and will respond to most PM's promptly.

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:34 AM
adwill

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Capture Camera Clip Pro Pad

Tag for feedback

Dec 07, 2015 at 05:14 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.