Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

fishjump
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

Dustin. Is there a reason why you haven't upgraded to El Capitan?

9 works fine for me.

Paul

Dec 08, 2015 at 09:58 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

Unfortunately the minimum Mac OS requirement is 10.10.5, which is the shortest backward compatible reach they've ever had, at least in my memory. If you're on Mavericks and not Yosemite, it looks like you've pretty much gotta go to El Cap. The Apple support chat said that if I had purchased the OS on the App Store, I could sign in and download it again, but they never sold Yosemite, only gave it away, so it's not there. For me, the Luminosity Curves are more than welcome.

Dec 09, 2015 at 03:23 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

the only reason I haven't upgraded is that I have heard that there is capability issues with some programs I use. I will probably look into it more later this week.

Dec 09, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Abbott Schindl
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

One thing I've learned from Apple since OS X was released via the Mac App Store: Even if I don't intend to install an OS version, I download it and burn to disc. Once downloaded ("purchased") it "should" always be available to download again, so you avoid the problem of "it's an older OS and I can't get it anymore. I burn to disc so I don't need to re-download and also so I don't pucky up my drives with lots of OS versions. If you're not worried about "10.xx.nn broke 10.xx.nn-1", then you can skip the disc burning and just make sure that you've purchased the OS version.

BTW: I do the same for iWork and several other apps from MAS because the way "enhancements" go, sometimes I prefer the older software versions which, of course, aren't available at MAS as MAS only presents you with the latest app versions that run on the OS X version you're running.

Dec 09, 2015 at 12:30 PM
Abbott Schindl
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

I'll be testing El Cap over the next couple of weeks, using a clone of my Yosemite installation. From what I'm seeing, Yos to El Cap is relatively easy, but I suffered a bit going from Mavericks to Yosemite. It's always nice to test on a clone if you can.

Dec 09, 2015 at 12:31 PM
tcphoto
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

I have had no issues running C1Pro 9 on OS10.11.2 and find that images preview at three seconds when tethered. You may want to read the Leaf forum for more information.

Dec 09, 2015 at 03:09 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Capture One Pro 9 incoming...!

tcphoto wrote:
I have had no issues running C1Pro 9 on OS10.11.2 and find that images preview at three seconds when tethered. You may want to read the Leaf forum for more information.

The only issue I have found is importing a Lr catalog. C1 crashes after 904 images. The catalog has 41K images, which isn't excessive. I have a support ticket submitted for over a week and they are having trouble determining the issue. The other big issue some others have complained about is a lack of support for Hassy's.

Dec 19, 2015 at 02:36 AM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.