Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

georgeqiao
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element with problematic goggle

Sold

Price: $1,150.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections
Shipping instructions: best way

I am selling a Leica 35mm Summicron V1, aka, the famous 8 element lens.

The glass is perfect, and this is actually the optically most perfect 8 element lens I have ever seen. Cosmetically it is also in stunning condition.

I am selling it cheap because the goggle has a problem, which makes it unable to alight vertically on the rangefinder. It still can be used and focused with M cameras, you just need to get used to the vertical misalignment. It is a common problem with this lens. It can be fixed, but it is not straightforward.

I am selling it here because now if anyone is using the Sony A7 or the Leica SL cameras, the goggle will not be an issue whatsoever. If you use live view instead of the rangefinder on your M240, it is not an issue either. So this lens will perform most admirably.

If you do use EVF or live view, then this 35mm Summicron V1 eight element is still one of the best 35mm lenses ever made. It has as much resolution as the modern ASPH version, but has a much more pleasing tonality and more classic bokeh behavior.

A good copy of this sells for 1600-2000. Mine is in fantastic condition minus the focus issue, so I am selling it at 1200. My loss, your gain.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:10 PM
goatsby
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

I am pretty sure the alignment can be fixed in CLA as well, so for an extra couple of bucks for the service you are still on top. Great deal for my favorite Leica lens, and a great FM'er to boot! Can't go wrong here.

Nov 29, 2015 at 03:28 PM
georgeqiao
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

Thanks! The 8 element is really a stunning lens. I love it. The problem lies in the glass of the goggle, which might have internal crack. I talked to Ye Youxin about it, and he can re-alighn the axis, which is quite straightforward. But if you primarily use the EVF or live view, then it is not an issue whatsoever.

Nov 29, 2015 at 05:23 PM
georgeqiao
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

I am currently looking for a 6-bit coded 35mm Summilux asph lens, and that is why I decide to part with the 8 element without going through the hassles of a repair.

Nov 29, 2015 at 05:24 PM
jimmicron

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

PM sent.

Nov 29, 2015 at 05:39 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

PM Sent.

Dec 01, 2015 at 01:04 PM
flyingpalm
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

What's the nearest focusing range? 0.7 m or 1 m?

Dec 01, 2015 at 01:16 PM
georgeqiao
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

0.65m

Dec 01, 2015 at 09:03 PM
georgeqiao
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

0.65m

georgeqiao
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sold: CHEAP! Leica 35mm Summicron V1 8-element lens

0.65m

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.