Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · First booked wedding photos

Elfraim
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First booked wedding photos

Hi again you guys.

I've been taking insparation and following most of you guys here for some years now.

After 2nd shooting for around a year i finally shot my first booked wedding couple weeks ago .

Thought i'd share!

Nov 26, 2015 at 07:30 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First booked wedding photos

Good set. imho get rid of #5, with you in the bg and you can see pretty far up her dress.
#19 is that a slide show of the bride being shown on the wall?

Nov 26, 2015 at 08:02 PM
Elfraim
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First booked wedding photos

coreybell wrote:
Good set. imho get rid of #5, with you in the bg and you can see pretty far up her dress.

Yes that is a slideshow from that morning

And thanks for the feedback!

Nov 26, 2015 at 08:24 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First booked wedding photos

coreybell wrote:

Solid set and a very good looking couple--which never hurts!

Could probably save 5 with a heavy crop if you're really attached to it, but otherwise I agree. On a side note, is that what you wore the whole wedding day while shooting?

Nov 26, 2015 at 08:59 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First booked wedding photos

i think 5 is sexy as hell. if you're good friends or close with the bride i think it's cool. if you're not, then it's kind of weird that you're so heavily in the frame.

the rest is great for a first wedding.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First booked wedding photos

Well the good news is you can take photos. I won't really comment on the actual composition/content because it is all good.
What I will say is that the processing is somewhat all over for me. I kind of know the look you are going for but the WB and general tones of the photos seem to vary a bit.
The super matted BW photos are also not my thing and I think the effect of some of the processing (especially the BW take away from the generally great content of the photos).
Nice job

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:44 AM
Elfraim
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · First booked wedding photos

BSPhotog wrote:
Solid set and a very good looking couple--which never hurts!

Could probably save 5 with a heavy crop if you're really attached to it, but otherwise I agree. On a side note, is that what you wore the whole wedding day while shooting?

No I was dressed like this untill the actual wedding where i changed to a button-up shirt
---------------------------------------------

dhp_sf wrote:
i think 5 is sexy as hell. if you're good friends or close with the bride i think it's cool. if you're not, then it's kind of weird that you're so heavily in the frame.

the rest is great for a first wedding.

They are friends of friends so we are "kind of close" but she was very sexy and she showed it, she wanted to be sexy in the pictures as well.
She really liked this shot.

And tbh i like to be in 1 or 2 pictures!

---------------------------------------------

hardlyboring wrote:
Well the good news is you can take photos. I won't really comment on the actual composition/content because it is all good.
What I will say is that the processing is somewhat all over for me. I kind of know the look you are going for but the WB and general tones of the photos seem to vary a bit.
The super matted BW photos are also not my thing and I think the effect of some of the processing (especially the BW take away from the generally great content of the photos).
Nice job

Thanks for your comment, i'm not 100% locked on my editing yet.. i'm always trying new things and haven't seemd to like something over the other that much.. if you know what im saying .
i'm very confused with my editing and i think it shows..

Nov 27, 2015 at 06:09 AM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · First booked wedding photos

She doesn't look very happy....

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Elfraim
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · First booked wedding photos

Ghost wrote:
She doesn't look very happy....

Haha true! Russians tend to seem that way, It's just who she is.

Dec 01, 2015 at 07:06 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · First booked wedding photos

Elfraim wrote:
No I was dressed like this untill the actual wedding where i changed to a button-up shirt

Too little, too late.

Dec 01, 2015 at 09:23 AM
Elfraim
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · First booked wedding photos

dmacmillan wrote:
Too little, too late.

What do you mean?

Dec 02, 2015 at 05:35 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · First booked wedding photos

Elfraim wrote:
What do you mean?

Call me old fashioned, but I think part of a photographer's branding is personal appearance. When I was a full time professional, I wore a coat and tie to weddings. I know things are a lot different now, but I think dressing neatly and low key is important. You don't want to be the most casually dressed person there. From prior posts, I see a lot of wedding photographers dress in black or dark colors.

I think dressing nicely and appropriately is a sign of respect. Frankly, I'd never show up for a job dressed like you were during the preparation. I don't think changing to a button down shirt was enough, you need to rethink your entire wardrobe.

Dec 02, 2015 at 08:58 AM
Zerga
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · First booked wedding photos

dmacmillan wrote:
Call me old fashioned, but I think part of a photographer's branding is personal appearance. When I was a full time professional, I wore a coat and tie to weddings. I know things are a lot different now, but I think dressing neatly and low key is important. You don't want to be the most casually dressed person there. From prior posts, I see a lot of wedding photographers dress in black or dark colors.

I think dressing nicely and appropriately is a sign of respect. Frankly, I'd never show up for a job dressed like you were during the
...Show more

I think critique/comments on the images is what he was looking for.. and as a "respectful full time professional" you should of just stuck to that..

Nice set of images man, I'd be proud if that was my first wedding. Also, the groom is one lucky SOB..

Dec 02, 2015 at 09:32 AM