Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sold: Nikon 25-50 f/4 AI Nikkor, case, caps and shade.

alanwilder
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon 25-50 f/4 AI Nikkor, case, caps and shade.

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon 25-50f/4 AI Nikkor with caps, case and shade

Sold

Price: $215.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: 15 shipped insured USPS Priority in the CONUS.

Fine example with pristine glass and nicely functioning mechanics that's built to last for more than one lifetime. Glass show no signs of internal haze or marks on the front and rear coating. The aperture ring moves smoothly with solid detents. The zoom ring is buttery smooth and the focusing ring is lightly dampened with a rotating front filter thread. Barrel cosmetics show modest wear mainly limited to the semi-gloss black finish near the nose as in picture #4. Included is an extra large hood that's free of vignetting at 25 mm if attached without a filter. If a filter is used with the hood, a focal length of about 27 mm will not vignette. The optical performance bears out it's legendary reputation. Unlike many current zooms, this lens has only minimal distortion and falloff since it was designed for pros in the days of film when digital post-processing wasn't an option. Edge to edge resolution matches primes at similar apertures and contrast goes from medium to high if stopped down to f/5.6 or smaller. The last picture was shot at 25 mm on my D750.
For a nice review and history, see the following for more detail:
http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_zoom_01.html#MF25-50
http://nikkor.com/story/0046/

The only reason I'm selling it is because I found an AIS version of the same lens with an after-market chip installed.

front glass

lens kit

rear glass and mount

lens barrel

sample image at 25 mm

Edited on Nov 27, 2015 at 06:03 PM · View previous versions

Nov 26, 2015 at 01:30 AM
pwschladen
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Nikon 25-50 f/4 AI Nikkor, case, caps and shade.

These don't come along often so if you want one you should snag it! Having met Alan I can tell you he is meticulous about his gear.
I would be very tempted but my 28-50 AI-S arrived yesterday!

GLWS

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:56 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Nikon 25-50 f/4 AI Nikkor, case, caps and shade.

I used this lens extensively during a recent trip to Yosemite. It is an amazing walk around lens. For anyone wishing to explore manual focus shooting, this is a great place to begin. Here is a shot taken with the lens mounted on a Df. I added the vignetting.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RsMUo41DLQo/Vhw0LodXhQI/AAAAAAAAdQQ/KHait7RtlcU/s1200-Ic42/25.50.CooksMeadowHalfDome.SEP.Df.jpg

Good luck with the sale.

Nov 26, 2015 at 03:39 PM
amlsml
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Nikon 25-50 f/4 AI Nikkor, case, caps and shade.

tag for feedback

Dec 06, 2015 at 08:47 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.