FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lake Minnewanka

Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lake Minnewanka

Was out at Lake Minnewanka last Friday. I did not get a colorful sunrise but conditions were otherwise perfect.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lake Minnewanka

Gorgeous image Gary. Perfect is right. I can sense the cold but wish I was there! Looking forward to a short return to AB next August!

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lake Minnewanka

Thanks Scott. Drop me a line when you are in town and maybe we can hook up.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lake Minnewanka

yeah, that looks COLD! I like it, the transition of the frozen lake to open water gives the impression that, while this is cold....it's gonna get colder! That touch of sun hitting that peak is a great little bonus.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Joseph_Z

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lake Minnewanka

Gary, what was the road condition like this time of the year? We were there in Sep. and all roads were open. Were you able to go to all the major lakes this time of the year? Thanks!

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:51 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lake Minnewanka

Hey Gary,

A nice cold looking shot here.

Jim

Nov 25, 2015 at 01:19 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lake Minnewanka

Joseph_Z wrote:
Gary, what was the road condition like this time of the year? We were there in Sep. and all roads were open. Were you able to go to all the major lakes this time of the year? Thanks!

Hi Joseph. Even though there was a fair bit of recent snow, the roads remain in very good condition. You can still access all the lakes you can in summer (Minnewanka, Two Jack, Johnson, etc) but one portion of the Lk. Minnewanka Scenic Dr is closed Nov-Apr due to wildlife habitat. Actually, this little stretch of road has always been in decent condition throughout winter.

Nov 25, 2015 at 04:20 PM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lake Minnewanka

Beautiful image Gary. I really like the water to ice transition you've shown with the reflection of the sunlit peak kind of highlighting that in the lake. Your choice of composition works really well for me, and the foreground shape of the snow covered shoreline is a wonderful element. Very well done.

Kirk

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:35 PM
MartinMcl
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lake Minnewanka

Lovely composition with a great lead in, Gary, and the mood is definitely early winter in the Canadian Rockies!

Nov 26, 2015 at 08:46 AM
santos
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lake Minnewanka

Love the blue mood.
santiago

Nov 26, 2015 at 09:02 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lake Minnewanka

santos wrote:
Love the blue mood.
santiago

Thanks. One of the mistakes I often see with early morning light on snowscapes is that people (including myself at times) tend to try and make the snow white when it actually has a light blue tint to it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:39 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.