Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Embarrassing question: how does Adobe's CC work?

uintaangler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Embarrassing question: how does Adobe's CC work?

I have been using Lightroom for years, own a copy of Photoshop but never use it.
I also use a couple of plug-ins to "finish" my landscape images: Nik Color Effects and ON1 Perfect Effects 9.
So far I have avoided what appears to be the inevitable migration to the Creative Cloud monthly subscription and it is not over the $10 a month fee - I am not computer savvy and I hate to fix something that ain't broke.

My question is, how do I change over to the Creative Cloud?
I sign up and pay my first $9.99 payment and then what?

Do I do anything differently or simply open up Lightroom like I have always done and begin working on my images?

Will I have to do anything with my current LR catalog when I change over to CC?

Thanks.

Nov 24, 2015 at 08:52 AM
dmcphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Embarrassing question: how does Adobe's CC work?

You subscribe and download the CC desktop app, which is subsequently used to download and update the CC apps you subscribe to. The CC desktop app has a button for essentially every Adobe app (Acrobat, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.). You can download any of the apps on a free trial basis. With the desktop on several devices you can deactivate an app you subscribe to on one device and then activate it on another device, and you can use both Mac and Windows devices with the same subscription. I don't know about LR catalog issues since I use only ACR and Photoshop.

I hope that helps.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:24 AM
charlyw
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Embarrassing question: how does Adobe's CC work?

It's the same as your standalone version - but you get additional access to cloud storage and integration with a mobile version of Lightroom which is even available to use in a browser... The local catalog is the same as the current version of Lightroom uses...

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:16 AM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Embarrassing question: how does Adobe's CC work?

There is one distinct difference between Lr CC and the other CC apps, including Photoshop CC.

With Lr CC, if your subscription expires through choice or by circumstance, Lightroom CC will retain some operability and functionality. Lr CC will still open and allow you to view, sort and otherwise modify keywords and other metadata as well as apply star ratings, flags and color labels in the Library. You can also Print and Export from Lr CC and even use the Quick Develop panel for making limited image adjustments ... though the Develop and Map modules and Import will cease to function.

Conversely, all other CC apps will fail to open or run once your CC subscription ends.

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Embarrassing question: how does Adobe's CC work?

uintaangler wrote:
I have been using Lightroom for years, own a copy of Photoshop but never use it.
I also use a couple of plug-ins to "finish" my landscape images: Nik Color Effects and ON1 Perfect Effects 9.
So far I have avoided what appears to be the inevitable migration to the Creative Cloud monthly subscription and it is not over the $10 a month fee - I am not computer savvy and I hate to fix something that .

If you already own a version of ps then I wouldn't go down the cc route until you start using it .
I say that as a cc subscriber who hardly uses ps .
I use LR for most things and don't mind the cc model but will admit it's not the best value if you don't use PS

Nov 24, 2015 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.