Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · What next, Win7, Win8.1 or Windows10?

Sarsfield
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · What next, Win7, Win8.1 or Windows10?

Windows 10 is loaded with Spyware which enables Microsoft (and others) to monitor your computer & internet usage 100% of the time. Not that I have anything to hide but it's not going on any of my PC's. It explains why is was made a free upgrade from 7 or 8. Oh, and if your using 7 or 8, there are 13 "Important" updates that are probably already installed on your PC's that do the same thing. And it takes about 2 hours to remove them all as most require a restart.

Nov 23, 2015 at 03:49 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · What next, Win7, Win8.1 or Windows10?

Sarsfield wrote:
Windows 10 is loaded with Spyware which enables Microsoft (and others) to monitor your computer & internet usage 100% of the time. Not that I have anything to hide but it's not going on any of my PC's. It explains why is was made a free upgrade from 7 or 8. Oh, and if your using 7 or 8, there are 13 "Important" updates that are probably already installed on your PC's that do the same thing. And it takes about 2 hours to remove them all as most require a restart.

An interesting comment, might you suggest an article or two that states Win10 has SpyWare embedded in it?

I'm a staunch user of HitManPro, MalWareBytes and Webroot products, and they find most adware/spyware cookies/registry entries, each is Win10 ready. I'm not to worried but will report back if anything 'serious' is found.

Again, if you find any weblinks that list the spyware in Win10Pro do post them here

And lastly, I seriously doubt Win10 is any worse than my first programming and user experiences with Windows v1.0, can you imagine non-overlapping tiling windows, we wrote in assembler and C back then, too much Clipper before that...those were interesting experiments. No doubt Win10 will have some bumbs n grinds, but what doesn't to some extent!

Cheers,
Jerry aka realyoldprogrammerfromthe70s

Nov 24, 2015 at 09:37 PM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · What next, Win7, Win8.1 or Windows10?

I disagree with some of the above mentioned comments that Win 7 is better than 8.1. Even I dislike some things in Win 8.1 - for example the MS apps screen and other things many complained earlier in PC forums about - Win 8.1 runs more stable and faster than Win 7 on my PC. Win 8.1 also improved the network setup (much easier than in Win 7) and allowed better compatibility to older programs - e.g. my old HP scanner software did not work at all with Win 7 but works very well in the Vista emulation mode in Win 8.1.

I have no experience with Win 10 yet, but will start upgrading my laptop to Win 10 soon to see if there are some issues with my main software and drivers before I do this on my workhorse PC.

Nov 25, 2015 at 08:22 AM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · What next, Win7, Win8.1 or Windows10?

StillFingerz wrote:
An interesting comment, might you suggest an article or two that states Win10 has SpyWare embedded in it?

Whether you call it spyware or not is up to you. There are a plethora of web sites with information and ways to disable some of the reporting to Microsoft.

Nov 25, 2015 at 09:42 AM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · What next, Win7, Win8.1 or Windows10?

DanBrown wrote:
Whether you call it spyware or not is up to you. There are a plethora of web sites with information and ways to disable some of the reporting to Microsoft.

Semantics indeed, but this kind of info gathering has been going on for decades and usually has an opt out option. There's a reason Goggle search is used so successfully, why maps n search work together when the need/want for a burger is of import and 5 are found within walking distance. Apple's Siri, now MS's Cortana, it's predictive analytics, even my voice activation; dragon naturally speaking, uses this tech.

I guess 'Spyware' is a gotcha word, one that riles up those unknowing slightly paranoid folk, find your cookies people...they're not just in a jar anymore and haven't been since the INI file was born

Nov 25, 2015 at 01:50 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.